HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:08:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Man of Steel  (Read 6309 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 29, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »

Watching Man of Steel once more and ... man ...  I love, and I mean absolutely LOVE, this Krypton. I want a movie just on this stuff.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 01:20:38 AM »

Nice. Wink

I, however, was stupefied from the beginning that a man from the science caste was able to whup and single handedly defeat 3 from the soldier caste, as well as the General of them all!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »

Zod and Jor-El both grew up together (Notice how their symbols, when side-by-side, say " U S"  Cheesy) and they both joined the Kryptonian Royal Armed Platoon together. After serving in KRAP for a few years, and after the Krypton Army battled off the BATZ'BTR invasion  Wink, Jor-el turned his focused on the sciences. He did so after realizing that the war robbed his home planet of valuable resources. He placed the burden of coming up with alternate fuels and power on his broad shoulders but unfortunately the council fought his every move and at the end ... well ...
 Grin Grin

I mean look at him. This isn't some Steven Hawkins weakling Zod was dealing with.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 01:58:41 AM »

I almost bought that...up until the 8th or 9th word. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 12:50:34 PM »

Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:14 PM »

So DC/WB fires Henry Cavill from being Superman because ... (no idea, just spitballing here) HE is the problem with the movies they are putting out? No? Oh, then ... okay.
 Roll Eyes
Stupid ass move.

EDIT - of course that is nothing compared to the one reporter I saw (I think it may have been a yahoo reporter but it could have came from elsewhere) who discussed that although she didn't see the reason behind the change of Cavill as Supes herself, it may have had to do with the new Supergirl movie being greenlit and as they have hired a "young" girl to play Supergirl, it would look pretty bad having Superman's girlfriend be so much younger then what he was, so maybe a change was necessary.

I kid you not, that is what she said.
 Roll Eyes

EDIT 2 - So in trying to find that quote above, I see that this may be all ... not true? Who knows. Me thinks fan outcry may have changed something? But no proof of that, of course, it seems WB just has no future plans, currently, for any Superman on film?
 Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:56:54 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 10:14:08 PM »

They might as well just stick to TV.  By the time they get their movie act together the public will be burned out on super-hero movies.

Except for Shazam.  That looks awesome.

Oh and Wonder Woman..... Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 01:12:34 AM »

I am getting so beyond ambivalent to WB/DC not having a clue about how to do or make these movies.

You see there is yet another shake up/restructuring of their entertainment stuff, and there is yet another new president in charge? By my count, that's the FIFTH president since Man of Steel.

That company has their f***ing heads so far up their f***ing asses it's unbelievable.

Marvel turned a second tier hero (Iron Man), into the damned coolest figure that has driven the force, need, and desire for 22 blockbuster movies for Marvel. 22!! From a guy that no general public really knew about!!

You know who they know?

SUPERMAN.

BATMAN.

WONDER WOMAN.

FLASH.

EVEN F***ING AQUAMAN.

But can they do shit? NOPE. They could have simply directly copied the Marvel plan-every action plan for every action plan-who gives a shit when money is made?!! But they can't even do that!!

Morons.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS