HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:07:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Good Idea  (Read 3312 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 27, 2016, 02:20:39 PM »

Now THIS is a good idea. 3 issues of a title for $3. Just enough (the perfect amount really) to see if you are into a book or not. We always talk about the "three issue try-out" in deciding if a book is going to stay on our pull or not and this is a great, cheap way to see if a certain title is for you.

I really like this and hope it works and more companies jump on, like they are doing with the $1 first issues that was started by ... I forgot ... Dark Horse? Or Image or DC? I don't remember. Anyway, I hope this is the new norm as three issues really is the perfect amount.

I didn't even really get into Weirdworld into issue #3 nor Scarlet Witch until the second issue so yeah, three issues is the best test you can have.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »

Pretty cool.

It was Image doing their 'Image Firsts' by reprinting their first issues again. That's how it lead me to try and read Saga and Revival for a while.

If they would do this with most, if not all, of their issues, it would certainly help with the  "well, first issue was okay...I want to read it  ... but...I don't know if it'll pan out. "

No, not bad thinking there.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS