HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:32:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Man in High Castle  (Read 2028 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 16, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »

Guys ... guys!!! If you have Amazon Prime (or if not you should go right now and sign up for their 30 day free promotion they always have) you need to watch their series "The Man In High Castle"

An alternate history show, based on the book by Phillip K. Dick (Blade Runner or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Total Recall or We Can Remember It For You Wholesale, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, Imposter ...) about the Nazi's taking over the U.S by dropping the bomb on Washington DC instead of us dropping it on the Japanese Islands.

I started watching this and by episode 3 I knew I had to get the wife involved in watching this with me. I watched another two episodes before we finally got time to sit at the big screen and watch it (it is now killing me as she has only finished episode 4 and and I am dying to see episode 6 damn it!!!)
 Grin

Anywho, a great era piece set in 1968 (?) some 17 to 18 years after the war. The Nazi's control all U.S land East of the Rockies, the Japanese Empire now control everything West of the Rockies while there is a "Neutral Zone" that sits on the Rockies basically. No law in the Neutral Zone, but some things are still frowned upon greatly.

The show itself has a very high production value and has great ratings on all the sites with an 8.1 on IMDb and an amazing 95% on Rotten Tomatoes. Metacritic only has it at a 77, but as there is not explosions every episode that may be why.
 Roll Eyes

Seriously, this is a great show. Yes, a tad slow so it will not be for action junkies, but when you get into it let it develop ... wow. Rufus Sewell alone will give you chills as one of the heads of the SS (or SD in German). I haven't enjoyed his stuff this much since his jaunt on Dark City (another masterful piece of work if I may say so). He is just dangerous here and it shows.

Guys, watch this. Season 2 is a go, and will be airing soon I believe (though no date is yet set), so get caught up now.

And join the rebellion!!!!!

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS