HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:05:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  (Read 2647 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 15, 2016, 01:21:20 PM »

Cheesy
Yes, I had to try this. As a guy that remembers picking up the ole Eastman and Laird books back around issue #10 or so back when they were in black & white and way before they became cartoon icons, I have a fondness for this team, even though that fondness had turned to hate for most of the 90's and after, due in no small part to the creative team allowing the corporate bigs to turn this great book into a children's show, complete with that ear-piercing Cowabunga shit
 Angry

okay ...

Okay

Anyway, I just had to jump in on this and man, this works. This really works. Forget the Green Lantern and Star Wars mix or even the LoSH and Star Wars mix or even still the Dr. Who and Star Wars (Next Gen) mix. This is the mix to read.
 Smiley

Even the art, by Freddie Williams II, is perfect for this kind of crossover. Seriously. This is pretty good stuff. I mean, as long as you go into it tongue firmly in cheek, without thinking this is a humor book, this is really good stuff.
 Grin

Off to the LCS today to try and read issues 2 and 3!!!

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS