HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:58:33 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Fix  (Read 7741 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 04, 2016, 10:00:28 AM »

Hey guys, I know there are a couple of you here that seem to be dropping some titles  Undecided so to get you spending more money, putting the green back into the machine as it were  Smiley I am linking a preview that BC has for Nick Spencer's (Morning Glories, Superior Foes, Ant-Man) new title at Image called The Fix.

Although I had to stop following Nick on Twitter, as I just couldn't take his blind Hillary Clinton support  Tongue ...  Grin ... I am gonna swoop up this title from day one.

Have a peek-see HERE

Has promise I say!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »

Okay, wow and double wow.

This book is really good and I loved every minute of it, but ... if you are not a guy that likes very adult humor watch out.  Cheesy I swear there is one conversation in here with a guy named Donovan (RE: Cobra Commander  Cheesy) that had me in stitches but it isn't a conversation I would feel close to comfortable posting here, so if you want to know ... go get the book.
 Grin

This book is a very tight, cops and robbers book with cool twists and turns, superb dialog and very well drawn art. Really loved every page of this book. A winner from each left to right page, up and down. Can't wait for issue #2

9 outta 10 Hawaiian shirts  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:53:38 AM »

ISSUES #5 and #6

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, man, I love this damn book so damn much. So damn juvenile  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am really loving these books I have saved and are able to read more than one issue of. I am trying to do that with Seven from Eternity but it keeps calling my name!!!

But The Fix made me laugh, hard, and man did I need it after a stressful fantasy football day.
 Grin
The damn dialog is so crisp. Stupid, but crisp.  Grin

9 outta 10 - bum fights
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »

I'm caught up through issue 5. And I agree, what a fun title this is.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:59:45 AM »

I need to pay attention to sales so I can buy this on comixology or Image at some point.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »

I need to pay attention to sales so I can buy this on comixology or Image at some point.

You can get most issues for $1.99 each.  That's what I do.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 01:21:49 AM »

Hmm...I like that thinking, Jeff!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 10:07:18 PM »

Issue #7

AW NO!!!!!   NOT.....
PRETZELS!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 01:53:58 AM »

Issue #7

AW NO!!!!!   NOT.....
PRETZELS!!!

RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:47:36 AM »

Issue 8

Pretzels better pull through! Damn ISIS.    Angry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 03:28:38 AM »

DAMMIT.

I'm all caught up through the first 2 trades...and 8 issues.

Never keep a good officer down!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS