HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:24:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN: BAD BLOOD  (Read 3828 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 28, 2016, 05:43:21 PM »

DC's newest animated movie comes out strong, winds down, but finishes rather nicely.

Overall the movie is just okay, a good way to kill some time, but it rises up to a 9 for me because is has 2 of my top 5 hottest actress' doing voice work. Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck) and Morena Baccarin (Firefly) are honestly two of the finest women in my eyes, without question. True, I don't get to see them here, but I know what they look like and I can hear the smoking hotness in their voice.
 Cheesy
Screw that PC crap about body image. Hot women are hot damn it!!!

Side note - I didn't know however that Morena also did the voice of Gideon in the CW Flash show!

Anyway, the movie brings in some more of the "Bat-Family" with a heavy dose of Batwoman and Batwing and a special look at someone else at the end. It's okay, again, nothing great, but worth the watch. Better than DC's last couple so hopefully this will help bring forth their return to greatness on the animated front.

However artistically I have to say that I am not a great fan of the Asian artistic influence the last few movies have had (even the ones from Marvel). Not the Manga look, no, it is the skinnier Asian style that has also become very popular. I have nothing against it in general, but I like to see artistic variants in the movies and the past 4 or 5 movies have all looked the same. Just like I don't want comics to all look alike, this new Asian style is becoming just too prevalent and making all the movies look too similar. I suppose it is better than having crappy art, but still ...

Joking about rating this movie higher just because of the hot women aside, I rank this is a 7 overall. Decent over all story by J.M DeMatteis. Better than the last, hopefully not as good as the next.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 02:17:10 AM »

Of course, I am excited for the next DC one
 Smiley
Though I wish they would do New Teen Titans retroactively, I will take what I can get.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Didn't see this one when it came out.  Saw a used copy at the store, thought it looked interesting, so I bought it.

Anyway, I thought Nightwing was good and well-performed.  Also, I thought that the fight scenes were choreographed very well.  And, yes, I when I think Batman, I think Kevin Conroy, but O'Mara has done an excellent job in the features with which he's been involved.

...But that's about it.

At best it would have been a mediocre Justice League episode if not for the adult themes shoehorned into it in order to push the level up (or down depending on one's opinion of quality) to a PG-13 rating.  Batwing seemed like a third-string Cyborg rip-off.  Damien was annoying, but I think that that is pretty much supposed to be his defining characteristic.

Disappointing.  I really liked Year One though.  I'd love to see them adapt Long Halloween.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS