HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:00:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "What I read this week..."  (Read 44629 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 04, 2016, 04:32:33 PM »

Grin
Just had to.
 Grin

For the week of Wednesday 12-30-2015

What I have read since then:

MARVEL
Angela #3
Daredevil #2
Squadron Supreme #2
Chewbacca - #'s 3, 4 and 5
Star Wars annual #1
Darth Vader Annual #1 (One of these, either Darth Annual or SW proper Annual, I read Tuesday but can't remember which so I'm sneaking it in here. Ha  Wink)

DC
Justice League #47
Batman & Robin Eternal #13
Titan Hunt #3

VALIANT
Unity -  #'s 16,17,18,19,20
Ninjak - re-read issues 1,2 and 3 to re-familiarize and then #'s 4 and 5
X-O Manowar - #'s 31,32,33

OTHERS
I Hate Fairyland #3 (Image)
Code Pru #1 (Avatar)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 05:08:12 PM »

Grin
Just had to.
 Grin

LOLOL!  I'm glad you did.  I'll have to wait until I get home to look at my "finished reading" stack.  I know I read a lot of Robiin War stuff in floppy and a lot of X-Men stuff on MU. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 01:26:06 PM »

Week of 1-6-2016

Still working to get caught up on Valiant, so nothing that came out this week, yet, but so far ...

X-O Manowar - #'s 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 and the special Commander Trill #0

EDIT 1-9

Batman & Robin Eternal #14, Swamp Thing #1, Flash #'s 46 and 47

Edit 1-10
A-Force #1, Wolverine #3
Ninjak #'s 6, 7, 8 and 9 / Bloodshot: Reborn #'s 1 and 2 (Re-read to familiarize) and #'s 3 and 4 / X-O Manowar #42

Edit 1-11
Unity #'s 21, 22, 23, 24 and part of 25 which I will read over the next few days/weeks as it is just a 48 plus page comic with a bunch of short Valiant stories (1 to 4 pages say)
Edit - (still same day) - Imperium #6
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 05:23:01 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »

Week of 1/6 to 1/12

Slowly making my way through my three month stack.

Southern Cross #6 - so glad this was my last issue
Morning Glories #48
We Stand On Guard #4
We Stand On Guard #5
We Stand On Guard #6
Walking Dead #146
Walking Dead #147
Walking Dead #148

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »

I stopped at 5, but I think it is canceled now. Man, I was so hoping for this title. Started very intriguing and then just slid into bad art and slow story for me. Finished that way for you as well I take it?

edit - also, didn't think I would make it through issue #24 of Unity as the art was just hurting my eyes.  I haven't seen pencils this thick since some of Ernie Chua's art on later Conan or Mark Texera's ... I forgot what it was I read so many years ago he penciled and it was just super heavy lines, but yeah ... Undecided
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 09:09:16 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »

I stopped at 5, but I think it is canceled now. Man, I was so hoping for this title. Started very intriguing and then just slid into bad art and slow story for me. Finished that way for you as well I take it?

Yeah the art really killed it for me.  I'm not really sure if the story was any good or not.  Seems like it has potential but the art doesn't interpret it well.  The end of issue six made it sound like there was going to be another arc that sounds interesting but I won't be getting it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 01:57:12 AM »

The end of issue six made it sound like there was going to be another arc that sounds interesting but I won't be getting it.

Wow, didn't think they would. The art in this was still better than the art in Unity #24 though ... brrrr

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 07:12:21 PM »

Week of 1/6 to 1/12

Slowly making my way through my three month stack.

Morning Glories #48
We Stand On Guard #4
We Stand On Guard #5
We Stand On Guard #6
Walking Dead #146
Walking Dead #147
Walking Dead #148

Velvet #12
Midnighter Sneak Peak

Finally made it through all of my DC and Image floppies.  Only have Marvel left in the stack and that's mostly Secret Wars stuff.  Then I'll either jump back on MU, Comixology, or start going through all those Valiant TPB's.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:05 PM »

Week of 1/13 to 1/19

Secret Wars #9 - Say what you will, and people will say a lot about this  Cheesy, a very satisfying end to this event. Even if, yes, on the outside it changes little, it does a great job of handling what it must handle (with the Marvel head exec going crazy about FOX and the FF and bringing Miles over to proper MU) and when all is said and done it is a great Dr. Doom story if nothing else. While it started out to be better than all of the Marvel Events, I will sadly have to knock it down a little. Not for the delays, for which I should, but for the fact I have stated many times and really feel that the best "events" linger into their respective universes for months if not years to come and while this may on some small level (as mentioned above) it didn't end up having the gravitas that Civil War or even Secret Invasion had by the end. I easily place it at number 3 however, though I may move it up later when I think of the scope (all the tie-in titles). Still a great event marred by lateness.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »

Week of 1/13 to 1/19

Working my way through my Marvel stack this week.

Finished:
House of M #4
Thors #4

In the stack:
Ultimate End #5
Secret Wars #7
Secret Wars #8
Doctor Strange #2
Doctor Strange #3
Extraordinary X-Men #1
Extraordinary X-Men #2
Extraordinary X-Men #3

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 05:17:16 PM »

Week of 1/13 to 1/19

Secret Wars #9

Slow week with all that's been going on with my wife's car  Grin, but so far have only managed to read -

Imperium #'s 6 and 7
Batman & Robin #15, Robin War #2, Midnighter #8 and Justice League #47

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 05:37:30 PM »

Week of 1/13 to 1/19 continued

Making good progress....

Finished:
House of M #4
Thors #4
Ultimate End #5
Secret Wars #7
Secret Wars #8

In the stack:
Doctor Strange #2
Doctor Strange #3
Extraordinary X-Men #1
Extraordinary X-Men #2
Extraordinary X-Men #3

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 06:13:40 PM »

Thors #4

Was kinda disappointed in this last issue. I still give this mini a great round of applause and thought it was very good, but with the way the first 3 issues were so great, I was kinda ... I don't know ... this last just seemed like a prologue more than an issue 4

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 03:07:46 PM »

Week of 1/13 to 1/19

Secret Wars #9

Slow week with all that's been going on with my wife's car  Grin, but so far have only managed to read -

Imperium #'s 6 and 7
Batman & Robin #15, Robin War #2, Midnighter #8 and Justice League #47

Bloodshot issue #'s 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 (just couldn't put this damn thing down. Can't wait for #10)
Imperium issue #'s 8, 9, 10 and 11. Was kinda down on this title until these last four issues. Really ramped it up to 11 and now I await the conclusion of this title(?) or at least the conclusion of this arc with issue 12

Hoping to get finish with the last two Ninjaks and last X-O today ... hopefully.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 07:01:53 PM »

Thors #4

Was kinda disappointed in this last issue. I still give this mini a great round of applause and thought it was very good, but with the way the first 3 issues were so great, I was kinda ... I don't know ... this last just seemed like a prologue more than an issue 4

Yeah I agree.  Seemed like it got over taken by the main story.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS