HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:20:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Goddamned  (Read 3796 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 23, 2015, 03:31:42 AM »

Okay, I know Jeff wouldn't be one to jump on this title even if he enjoys Aaron, but I will save him money anyway, in case he changes his mind and wants to give this a go. Don't.

The art is decent, very Heavy Metal / Nuclear War looking people running around being barbaric and stuff. It fits the tone but ... eh ... I'm just not that into it in relation to the dialog and substance that this book has ... of has not.

The plot, basically, is the part of the Bible that Aaron wants to tell us that has never been discussed, for most of the masses, is the years between when Cain killed Able and Noah first hitting the scene. Noah, who shows up in issue 2, is as barbaric as all the other fiends of the land. I have no problem with Aaron's interpretation of these events, or his somewhat blasphemous look at them and Noah (he is a real dick-head here) as, well, being an atheist the Bible and all its stories and intent doesn't hold the impact and reference for me that it does for those of faith. No, the issue is not that I am upset with the subject matter nor how it is presented. No, that is not the issue. The issue is that I am a little upset that what is here is just not that good or interesting.

Any 13 year old you can bring forth a biblical story where Noah is an asshole going across the land cutting timber and killing anyone and anything that doesn't fit into his quest. They can also throw the "F" word around like it is supposed to be used every other word and want to skull fuck anything and everything. I ... ugh ... just no.

Maybe I just missed the boat on this  Cheesy see what I did there?  Grin but there is nothing here that remotely interests me. Sadly. Because I wanted to read a hard core, Bible based Judge Dredd. But not from an angry teenager like point of view

3 outta 10 - Bad Prophecies
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:30:54 PM »

Hadn't even considered getting this but thanks for the save. Definitely sounds like one to skip.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:38:20 AM »

Yeah, I didn't think you would touch this one, but wanted to cover ya just in case  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS