HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:38:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batman & Robin Eternal  (Read 6992 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 14, 2015, 02:12:23 AM »

Well, I think I fell asleep a couple issues back because I am getting totally lost in this series. It started off cool enough, but now we are getting heavy into some ... things ... that are more of the 90's stuff ... kinda. I mean, I know DC is only 9 years old now, but there is stuff here that I just don't know about (well, yeah, some of it you're not suppose to, it is a mystery after all  Cheesy) and I think I just lost interest around issue 6 so much so that now, at issue 10, I am just looking at the panels wondering when I should try to get back in.

I think I picked a bad day to try reading this anyway. I stopped reading at issue 4 and just picked up the rest to catch up, but I didn't refresh myself on what had transpired before in the first four issues and I've been kinda just out of it ever since.

I am not saying it is bad (though I am very tired of the "dick" jokes that seem to come at least twice an issue  Roll Eyes) I think I just got lost, got off track and with them bringing up stuff that I wasn't really a part of (early Bane stuff for example) and more that I don't want to spoil, I'm just having a hard time now.

I either have to start over, or just wait and try again.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:17:10 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:13:21 AM »

Do you mean Batman and Robin Eternal?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »

Do you mean Batman and Robin Eternal?

HAHA, I did (and have since made the change)

Ha, I guess I was equating this feeling of loss with the feeling of dread I had when I watched that movie so may years ago.

"Well, I am not enjoying this Batman and Robin (Forever) at all"  Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 01:25:51 PM »

Lol.  Maybe that's why you were lost.  Or it just further proved your point.  Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 01:53:56 PM »

Cheesy Right?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 07:10:35 PM »

grabbed issues 4-10 (along with the newest issue, 11) back from Dave, so giving it another try. Hope it's worth it.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »

Finished re-reading issues 4-10 and I found this a lot more easily read this time. I honestly think that I was just too tired when I read a bunch of the issues back to back last time. I still kinda feel lost on a certain point, as those involved ... well, I just wasn't around to read about some of this stuff back in the day, but nothing as bad as I thought.

Much like Batman Eternal however, from what I've heard, I feel this one may not be able to carry this story as long as it has planned. But, we'll see.

Much better this time around, though nothing you have to read unless you love you some Batman and Robin  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »

And I thought I read that this was cut down from 52 to 26 issues instead.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »

That will help. A lot. And I hope they did so with the thought of it being too stretched to begin with. Though I do still worry about 26 issues being too long for THIS story, maybe they will throw another plot-line or change it up a bit later. 

Thanks, Jimmy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2016, 12:12:12 AM »

Just finished this today. Pretty tight last two issues brought this back to an enjoyable read, but damn this would have read so much better as a 3 month long weekly title. Having this compressed into 18 issues, cutting out and trimming it down from its 26, would have made this a much more enjoyable title to get through. Some of these issues were just ... well ... yeah, 18 issues would have done the job nicely.
 Undecided

Still though, nice ending and a good way to shift out the old "Batgirl" (Cassandra Cain) into a new character/character name and dust-off/re-purpose another 90's character for use down the line.
 Smiley

Overall a win, but unnecessary length drags this down from a relatively high-grade to a middle of the road read.

6 outta 10 Jumping Orphans  Grin

(On another note, and something I just found ... it is funny how a simple typo can change Jumping Orphans to Humping Orphans really changes the context of what you were trying to say)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS