HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:36:21 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET WARS Finale Pushed Back To 2016  (Read 5039 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 30, 2015, 09:38:30 PM »

http://www.newsarama.com/26955-secret-wars-finale-pushed-back-to-2016.html

Does Perry still feel that this is the way to do an event book?

SECRET WARS Finale Pushed Back To 2016

Diamond Comic Distributors have announced that Secret Wars #9 will be delayed until January 6, 2016. Originally advertised as an eight issue series, the series has experienced several delays leading to it pushing past the originally planned end on October 7 as "All-New All-Different Marvel" launched.

In August, Marvel announced Secret Wars #9 as the new finale, with the reason given that Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic's plans for the finale couldn't fit in the solicited Secret Wars #8.

“Apparently, Secret Wars is even bigger than we thought it was,” says Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso. “To help Jonathan and Esad conclude this epic event as big and bombastically as it started, we are adding an extra issue. That means one more month of the suspense, action and game-changing storytelling that fans and retailers have been clamoring for since the final incursion started.”

Following that announcement however, Marvel reduced the solicited page counts for #7 and #8 from 56 pages down to 40, a net reduction of 32 pages.

Secret Wars #8 is currently solicited for release December 7, with #9 now listed for January 6, 2016.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:57:19 AM »

Do I still feel ...

I never said being late is the way to do an event book  Grin

I am still totally lost as to why Marvel pushed out two issues in one month to begin with. But other than that ... of course I am not happy about the lateness, but I know when it is collected I will be happy that the one artist that is on it is doing the entire thing.
 Wink

And yes, this event still rocks ass. But if only the lateness would have been less, everyone else would be agreeing with me.
 Undecided Cheesy

Never forget, lateness like this happened all the time in the 70's, 80's and 90's ... just was no internet to bring it to focus  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 02:29:47 AM »

I know I'll really appreciate being able to read the opus of all Hickman's Marvel work...at some point. I'm 6 months behind; I mean, what's the point? I don't care one way or another. The fact that ANAD Marvel will be going on for several months is...weird, but whatever I guess!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »

Well this is a first...... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

MARVEL Offers SECRET WARS Recap Ahead Of Delayed Finale

http://www.newsarama.com/27459-marvel-offers-secret-wars-recap-ahead-of-delayed-finale.html

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »

And to those that want to "see and hear" most of the story, here it is, I guess. Going by the name ... the "complete story". Just started this, about 2 minutes in and barring a little over voice it isn't too bad so far. Not sure how they can even post this ... really ... but hey, if ya want ...

Check it out

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS