HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 05:21:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic related shows that are a'coming  (Read 4032 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 17, 2015, 02:36:12 PM »

Okay folks, just thought I would post the list of shows that are either in post-production, production, pre-production or in the starting pre-pre-pre-production (someone said something) phase and note the ones I will be trying.
 Wink
(from NewsArama ... back in July so some changes may have occurred)

Jessica Jones - Netflix - YES, DEAR LORD YES!!!!
Agent Carter (s2) - ABC - Yeppers!
Legends of Tomorrow - CW - *sigh* gonna try it, but that CW scares me. Are we (am I) getting Flash or Arrow?
Daredevil (s2) - Netflix - Well of course
Luke Cage - Netflix - Well of course
Iron Fist - Netflix - Well of course
Defenders - Netflix - Well of course
Wynonna Earp - SyFy (ugh - I hate typing "syfy") Probably gonna try it at least. Not too hopeful though
Powers (s2) - I may get caought up and watch the first season and then watch this. Or I won't do either.

Pilot Stage -
Riverdale - CW - Now this is right in CW's wheel house. This should do great if it is decent. Don't know
Brooklyn Animal Control - USA - Don't see me on this. Not a fan of most any USA Network stuff
Titans - TNT - Another channel I am not too into, but Nightwing, Starfire and Raven? I will try and hope.
Outcast - Cinemax - Kirkman's demonic possession comic. On pay channel? Bringing a biscuit and sopping up the gravy
Preacher - AMC - a station I trust and a great comic to boot. May be my "must watch live" show.
Global Frequency - FOX - I don't trust FOX to not fuck this up. Any other station I would be happy. Firefly killers!!!!

They're working on it -
Damage Control - ABC - 1/2 hour Marvel Comedy? already there.
Harrow County - Huh - No buyer yet, but I like the Dark Horse comic (though I stopped buying). A witch story. I try.
Empire of the Dead - Huh - Another Zombie show? But this one is George Romero. Still ... probably not.
Sex Criminals - Univ TV - I think heading to HBO or Show as there is no way this can go network, or even cable
Lazarus - Huh - With Rucka writing? I am all over this future gang/family war!!!!! Great comic. This could be amazing!!!
X-Men (Something and Something) - Huh - With Marvel (possibly) giving over the reigns to Fox for the X-Men tv rights, I wonder what two shows they have in mind?

I think I will add most of these, if the EVER get made or past the pilot (still so pissed my Locke & Key didn't make it past the un-aired Pilot  Angry Embarrassed )

Rumblings
DMZ - Hearing this for a long time, but so far ...*crickets*

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »

Jessica Jones in only a few short weeks!!

I'm on board for all of the Netflix series for sure!

Titans?  I hadn't heard anything on this!!  Is it live action or another cartoon??

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 12:35:21 PM »

Jessica Jones in only a few short weeks!!

I'm on board for all of the Netflix series for sure!

Titans?  I hadn't heard anything on this!!  Is it live action or another cartoon??

I think live action but if it gets off the ground or not ... eh ... who knows. Plus it is on TNT ... I don't expect much anyway.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 05:08:24 PM »

TNT did a good job with the Dallas reboot.  Would have gone longer if Larry Hagman hadn't died.  So there is hope.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 12:08:08 AM »

No, no, no.

You are just making my point for me.
 Tongue  Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 01:01:06 PM »

Obviously I'm going to watch Jessica Jones, as it's Marvel, so why not? But not for any kind of affinity to the character. That matters little to me. Also, why I will watch Dr. Strange in a year or two.

However, if they do a great job and I get to crow about 'Jones' like I do after having seen Agent Carter in action, then I'll be a pleased and happy man!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS