HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 10:41:34 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Post Secret Wars Issue 1's  (Read 11987 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 02:28:35 PM »

Well, the Hammer brand is still going strong. Not sure which ball you used, but Hammers are still out there. Grin

Me? I've got a Columbia 300 'Total Bedlam'...which has since been retired I guess. I just went to go check on it, and the moment I picked the ball up, I thought "LET'S ROLL!" Man...I miss it too!! The original lanes where my first league was at has been torn down 4 years now. Now I just feel nostalgic and sad.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »

But back on point; just seeing your one hit line reviews of the books you really didn't like, and the books you were "eh" on, and then (yes) disregarding your need for a good X-men book (because I'm the same way trying to find a good Superman book), I just feel by your gut and mine, that WOW-it doesn't look like there's much there for me!!!

I had planned to keep buying Thor, I had hoped there would be an Avengers book to continue in the vein of Reminder's work (which I bought), and I was hoping the same would be for Captain America, since it feels like the story with Steve and Sam is in no way finished-I wanted to see the 'end' of that arc. But if you really don't like it at all...that leaves me worried.

And to be honest, even the ones you listed at NOPE, DONE AFTER ONE I wasn't going to give 5 minutes to. New Avengers surprised me, though. Had hopes for that one.

As for PERHAPS NEED MORE TIME, again, here I was hopeful for Captain America, Waid's Avengers (Mark Waid on an Avengers book!!!!), Guardians of Infinity, Karnak, and...nope, on the outside looking in, that's all I thought of those books.

Specifically with GOLDEN TITLES, Yes to Mighty Thor, Daredevil, Ant-Man. I still have to read through the prior Angela titles. I'll still read all new X-men to see what's up. And Extraodinary, but read with much want? That I honestly have to see on.

As far as Guardians, well, Bendis hasn't had a good arc in the his first Guardians run since issue 9, and that book ran to 25 or so. Seriously, even with me hating Bendis, I could read his Guardians. But it went nowhere, got interrupted, did a stupid crossover, and brought in Venom for no reason. It was a seriously poor-ass book. Bendis is no Ellis, and cannot write space opera sci fi. I'll put that in a stamp.

I'm not in (so far) on the 'Batgirling' theme of many books, and Spider-woman just seems that way. Never cared for Dr. Strange. Never cared for X-23. Spoke on the Inhumans Wink. TO HELL WITH SLOTT ON SPIDER-MAN. Hercules I was curious about again.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 12:25:12 AM »

The books I really think you should (want you to) read  Cheesy -

Invincible Iron-Man 1-5 -If you don't like this, are tastes will never coincide  Cheesy
Daredevil - 1 Because I think we have something special here.  Wink
Mighty Thor - Well, yeah, you know why, it's just good
Uncanny Inhumans 1-3 (Not All-New, though I like Crystal in that book)
Going into Uncanny knowing that Blackbolt gave his kid, Ahura, to Kang for save keeping from Secret Wars
Vision - 1-3 Just PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't go into it thinking you are going to get the Vision book you think you are. Think if Vision was not owned by Marvel (and No, not a "Batgirl'ing" situation, just ... different ... not "In" Marvel kinda)

If you would just read those five (and maybe Spider-Woman because I think it is just as funny as Ant-Man) I would be happy.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 04:20:06 AM »

Oh, I'm still going to read all those. No doubt of that. Smiley

To be fair, I've hated Iron Man/Tony ever since Gillen abruptly changed Tony's origin and the book went Superior. I yearn for the days of Fraction Iron Man. Got all that in trades!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS