HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:31:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Post Secret Wars Issue 1's  (Read 11981 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 30, 2015, 04:24:23 AM »

Alrighty, as I have been so ontop of my "Secret Wars Tie-ins" thread  Wink I thought I would start another regarding all the issue #1's that are stemming from that event ... the All New, All Different Marvel.

Soooo as of last count, I believe there were going to be about 60 or so ANAD Marvel number ones, ya know, just to beat out DC's 52  Grin, so this may take awhile. However, as rapidly and as often as I am updating the tie-in thread, you should be use to that.
 Cheesy

Also, I am still behind on reading a ton of stuff, so I might not get to an issue's #1 until it has already gone through 2 different creative teams, so ...
 Grin

But I shall do my best ... or ... I shall post when I can and I will keep them as small and short as possible to not feel bogged down about posting my thoughts.  Cool Just a little bit of info or thoughts on each title and the following rating scale:

BUY - I will continue or start buying this for the foreseeable future
BORROW - I will stop buying but will start or continue borrowing this for now
BELAY - I may look into later, but no plans of future reading right now
BANNED - I tried the issue. Just not for me. Will not be getting more unless a major change
BYPASS - I just had no interest in the first place. Whether creative or character, just didn't try it.
BURN - Dropping like a hot beer. Nothing for me here. Moving on. Saving time and money

Now, onto some books I have tried -
(Please note their may be slight spoilers, but I will try to keep them small)

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 - Why am I typing "#1" when this entire thread is about the... eh ...

Kind of a jarring issue. Not only with the jumping ahead 8 months (that all the new books will do) but also having Peter in such a powerful position. Thought the "bonus material" (IE "let's get more money from them) was worth the price, so that is good, I guess. Decent to good art. Overall just an okay issue, which for Slott and me ... that isn't too bad. Enough here for me right now, even though I know Slott will write some damn dialog in the future that makes me mad and I leave for another year and a half.
 Grin
BUY (though perhaps grudgingly  Grin)

NEW AVENGERS #1 - Too "New" for me

I decided to read this first issue, even though that preview issue ... "Avengers 0" or whatever it was ... showed me all I needed to not do so. Damn it. The art, that looked kinda way out there, wacky, cool, Joe Mad'ish on the recent Guardians 3000 title, now only looks like the dreaded 1993 art the filled comics of the time. Muscles where now? Not to mention this had a story that I just couldn't get into and have already forgotten most of it. Something about how Sunspot (and Cannonball? I think?) are now running A.I.M. (but that now stands for Avengers Ideas and Mechanics  Roll Eyes) and ... no. Whatever.
 Angry
BURN

ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL #1 - Surprise of the month!

I know I am alone here in my love of Thor's half-sister and Image comics jumper Angela, but this title, written by Marguerite Bennett (whom I am now Twitter following based on this book and her other stuff), should be a book getting pulled off the shelf faster and in greater volume than most Marvel or DC books. However, this is NOT a book that is easy for new comers, not at all ... a little past history with Angela's first book is a huge boon for anyone jumping on this title, but even though you will most assuredly feel lost with the time shifts and the story itself, this is a book to read. Well, if you like dark fantasy mixed with Marvel Norse mythology and you don't mind waiting to figure out what the hell is going on of course.
 Grin
BUY

UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 - Deadpool? An Avenger? Yeah, the last straw, as they say.

Coming soon

« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 11:10:48 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 03:10:20 PM »

ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL #1 - Surprise of the month!

I know I am alone here in my love of Thor's half-sister and Image comics jumper Angela....

What??  Where on earth did you get that idea??   Angry  Loved her in GotG.  Loved the Original Sin Tie-In that revealed her true identity.  Loved the first issue of her series which came out right as I switched to MU.  She's already queued up in my MU library.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy and Wringer liked her too but I could be wrong.

Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:39:59 PM »

I really honestly liked her Original Sin tie-in, to be honest. I didn't follow after that-busy with life, and falling behind on reading my full time collection too, but that was good.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »

What??  Where on earth did you get that idea??   Angry  Loved her in GotG.  Loved the Original Sin Tie-In that revealed her true identity.  Loved the first issue of her series which came out right as I switched to MU.  She's already queued up in my MU library.

Cheesy  Down boy, down.  Cheesy

My apologies, but I didn't remember you buying her comic. I also didn't remember you talking too much about her after the mini. That is all  Smiley My mistake. And I knew Jimmy wasn't ... going to buy her book. And Wringer and Cow weren't. So again, I took that as lack of interest in the character all around. My bad. Simple mistake.

Jeff also likes Angela and for others ... I am sorry also.

Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:08:58 PM »

Grin lets jump on Perry  Grin

My GOD MAN...What are you thinking...while i didnt buy them off the self I have been keeping up with angela via MU...I enjoyed her appearances in GotG and Original Sin..enough to continue reading into her solo book.  the Solo has been decent as well if not for a bit of chasing its own tail with the "on the run" type story line.     
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 06:51:46 PM »

ROFLMAO

This is fun!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:20 PM »

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesy

Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

First off, I made an edit to my ratings. Originally I had stated, under the "belay" rating that I would check back in later, but not while this creative team was on board. Thinking, at first, that that would be the only reason for me not sticking with it. But on reflection, and while grading Spider-Qwen ... and later 2099, I realized there may be other reasons to not continue reading a book. I also added a 'banned' option for the issue #1s that just didn't hit for me.

Okay, here we go ...

back to-
UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 - The title has lost it's meaning

I have bemoaned, along with many others I am sure,e how the name 'Avengers' means a little more than shit right now, well now, I think it means less than that. Allowing everyone with a mask, cape or power to be an Avenger, you lose the gravitas of what it has grown to mean. Now, with Deadpool being an Avenger, (because the writer, Duggan, writes both?) that statement has reached its pinnacle. It would be like allowing me into the Marines. A slap in the face to those that deserve to be called one. Deadpool as an Avenger Just pisses me off. Having Captain America, Steve fucking Rogers, be the one to place him there takes the ire to another level. But I tried the issue anyway.  Grin The art looks rough (not sure what happened to Stegman) and the story ... okay ... it wasn't bad. But still. Deadpool an Avenger?
 Angry
BELAY

SPIDER-QWEN #1 - Almost had me. Almost

If I had more grasp of what was going on in this issue, I think I would jump on this title. However, and even with its "Previously on Spider-Qwen..." update, I just felt like I was behind on what's going on. Have you ever started reading a comic you thought was the next one in the series only to look and realize you missed the issue prior? That you were reading issue #10 after you read issue #8 ... missing issue #9? That is what this felt like. Still more "Amazing" feeling than perhaps Amazing Spider-Man and for that reason it almost made my pull, but over all, with that lost feeling and how many books I am getting, I just decided to leave it alone.
 Undecided
BELAY - But not due to creative team.

HOWLING COMMANDOS of S.H.I.E.L.D #1 - My 13 year old self would love this

Honestly, he would. This was a great book for my younger self who loved wild ass, monster comics just because they had monsters in them. My adult self just can't really get into this. Jasper Sitwell was hilarious as the Zombie and Man-Thing doing his fear shtick was also great but the rest of the 'monsters' were just ... I mean ... some of them were cool, but ... yeah, my younger self would have dug this for the 10 issues it will last.
 Undecided
BANNED

SPIDER-MAN 2099 #1 - I miss Peter Parker David

I love PAD's writing. I am eagerly awaiting one of his novel's in fact (if he still plans on finishing the series  Angry), but for some reason, his 2099 has never hit for me. None of them. Now or way back when. I am not sure why, I wish I did and I wish it did, but ... once again I find this title just not for me.  I tried to stay on last time and made it for five issues. I don't get that DCBS discount now so ...
 Undecided
BANNED

ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #1 - Was good before, is good still

One of my favorite titles before Secret Wars is back and it's better than ever just as good as it was. You guys know this title is good, I need not tell you this.
 Grin
BUY

CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS #1 - Why?

This book should have had a Bypass rating, but sadly, I gave it a shot ... purely out of curiosity. I mean a comic based on a game? That has to be worth a read, right?  Cheesy. Was actually better than I thought it would be, but I am not a fan of fighty fighty comics much anymore anyway, so a comic based solely on that idea was bound to be a miss in my eyes. Others my really like this. I can see why, but I can't agree.
 Undecided
BURN

UNCANNY INHUMANS - This didn't look very good

Ya kinda know going in when a company lists the cover artist as top billing, that the art inside is going to be suspect  Grin That aside ... this was an okay book. Just okay. I am starting to get more familiar to the cast of new Inhumans, so that is making it a better read, but still, not Soule's best. The end of the main story, with
Black Bolt finding Johnny Storm kissing all up on Medusa was kinda sad, to me. I liked that odd dynamic the king and queen use to have, but women's rights and empowerment being what they are now  Cheesy Cheesy, I guess it was too much for the modern woman to take, even though I still thought it made Medusa a strong woman, I guess with her being more prominent and out there, the old way of just interpreting the king's silent wishes was just too subservient. I see it.
I get it but still ... I miss the old way.
 Undecided
BUY

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 03:21:05 AM »

Nova #1 - A return to greatness ... goodness ... okayness?

Meh, boring issue and didn't bring 'my' Nova back into the fold as much as I would like. Decent book, but not worth it when the competition is so tight. Art was, okay.
 Undecided
BANNED

Drax #1 - What will this book bring?

Honestly, the art was very intriguing and the only reason this was not a 'Bypass'. Once in, the writing, by a wrestler and/or Ultimate Fighter guy? C.M. Punk? (sorry, I don't watch UFC anymore and haven't bothered with wrestling since the days of  Wahoo McDaniel and Jimmy Snucka) Was actually not bad at all, though helped by Collen Bunn. I just don't give a shit about this character. Never have.
 Undecided
BURN

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 03:52:55 PM »

(Let's see if I remember how to do this)
 Cheesy Cheesy

Hawkeye #1 - two for the price of one

If you enjoyed the Hawkeye series prior to the SW event, you will enjoy this. Art is pretty good, writing is better.  Grin This book is still using both Clint and Kate as "Hawkeyes", but conflict boils over and we are left wondering if the duo is going their own way now. I like this well enough, but...
 Smiley
BORROW

Karnak #1 - Warren Ellis, so, yeah ...

One thing you can almost be assured of, when you see Warren Ellis' name on a Marvel book, is that it will only be there for 6 issues or so. But what he can do in 6 issues is well worth the look, if not the time. This is a true "different take" on the character. Karnak is a little more ... harsh now? Still want to see where this goes, of course, but as I see this issue failing quite rapidly once Ellis leaves ...
 Undecided
BORROW

Hercules #1 - Thor who?

This book is a mixture of an action book and a buddy sitcom. We find Hercules has allowed
Gilgamesh
to crash at his apartment and that brings some humorous moments and there is a great fighty-fighty scene that makes any Herc book fun. Writer Dan Abnett was the reason I tried this book. He and Herc are the reason I am staying.
 Smiley
BUY

Vision #1 - This is NOT your daddy's Vision

If you try this book thinking you are going to get a good insight on the Avenger called Vision, you are right. If you think you are going to get what you expect, you are so very wrong. This is not the Vision book I was expecting. This is a very different book. It is dark. Very dark. This could have easily been a What-If title. I think of this as Marvel's Fight Club book. It just has that tone. Very odd yet very, very interesting. If you want a different look inside the Vision (and his very odd family) this is the book for you.
 Wink
BORROW

Carnage #1 - Gerry Conway book?

I so wanted to try this book. Okay, maybe not "so wanted", but I did want to give the ole' Conway a look see and see if his writing has changed over the years. Yep, I wanted to try this book for Conway, but Carnage does nothing for me. Nothing. Plus, as I do have so damn much to read and the fact that most of the comicshop guys were not too impressed with this book, I decided to just make the call.
 Undecided
BYPASS

All New Wolverine #1 - X-23 in her own series!

I knew when I saw the solicits for all the x-books that this one was going to be one of the first ones I dove into. I am somewhat saddened that Marvel is not really resetting the X-titles, as I have been away for so long and wanted a 'fresh' start into the books again, but so far they have done a decent job of getting me up to speed without bogging me down with the past stuff. Crap ... back to this book. The art just popped of the pages. very nice color art and pencil/ink work. Writing wise, as I am pretty ignorant about this character, I found myself following this easily enough and was instantly in 'like' with this character. Also,
the team-up with Angel, that I didn't know about
, was nice to see. This is a book for me.
 Cool
BUY

Extraordinary X-Men #1 - My first X-Team book in years

Okay, I felt just a hint of being lost with this title. Well, not entirely, just one aspect of it. Part of the plot here in this book was to
go rescue Nightcrawler from Hell. No idea how he got there. Didn't he just have a series out?
. The other aspect, trying to get the young Jean back into the X-Men (I have knowledge of the time traveling X-Men and how Beast brought them to the present time), was pretty straight forward, even though I didn't know she left. Still, I liked this, I really did. Can I be back to the X-Men again? I think so.
 Grin
BUY

More soon sometime
 Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »

Okay, as always, I set my goal too high for me to reach. Could I continue doing this ... fast thoughts review, this way? Sure, but time just alludes me. I need to get back to the comics and I just type soooo damn slooooow. Gonna give you a fast update, but in a way that is less time consuming for me. Yes, I give up, but this new way, hopefully, will be faster for me.
(Note this is only for those restarted titles, and doesn't count any Star Wars titles that may come out)
(Note 2 - JNFM = Just Not For Me. Some titles are good, but JNFM  Smiley)

Issues #1's that I read that either suck or are horrible or are just not for me. We will call this -
NOPE - DONE AFTER ONE (or two in some cases  Grin)

Black Knight - Saddened me when I read this. Just, no. No for art and writing. No. Again, sadly
Carnage - Just a mini, but still ... no
Contest of Champions - A comic based on a game ... a cell phone game ... no
Drax - Just not interested in this character or creative team enough to support him in his own title
Howling Commandos - Good book for younger readers, I think. I wanted this to work, but JNFM
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - Another cool book for younger readers or those that think young, but JNFM
New Avengers - NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!
NOVA - sadly, the same ... NO, NO, NO, NO, NO (but with better art)
Silk - Didn't even try. I'm not paying for it and Dave isn't so I don't get to read. No interest. Maybe good?
Spider-Qwen - Tried it. Okay, but don't see the need. Or maybe just don't see the need for me?
Spider-Man 2099 - Damn it, Peter. I want to like this so much, but I just can't get into this damn book.
Star Brand and Nightmask - No desire. Hope this plays off Squirrel Girl well though (same school)
Totally Awesome Hulk - While I am saying JNFM, I don't think this should be for anyone. Maybe I'm too old?
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl - One of the few that's under this banner that I did really enjoy, but JNFM
Uncanny Avengers - Just need to stop this "Avengers" shit and get back to when the name meant something.
Venom: Space Knight - Not bad, better than expected, but ... I'm not sold.

Those #1's that are okay, but not wowing or making me hate them (and thus will probably be dropped)
PERHAPS - NEED MORE TIME

ALL-NEW All-Different Avengers - Want to really like this, but not sure. On for a few more. It's Waid!
All-New Hawkeye - Another title I want to like more than I do like. Short leash
Captain America - This one shocks me, but a couple more issues and I may be gone.
Guardians of Infinity - What the hell? Co-written by Abnett. Most of this is crap. Hope not on him. Yuk
Howard the Duck - I keep going back and forth. But down on this now and probably cutting JNFM
Illuminati - Had dropped this, but the ending and Dave got me back to try #2. Better. But still ...
Karnak - Damn it, like the changes but hate the changes. It's Ellis, so on for at least 6 issues
Ms. Marvel - I can honestly see why this book gets the praise it does, but one more issue and I'm gone. JNFM
Red Wolf - Still way too early, but ending made me both mad and curious. At least two more issues.
Scarlet Witch - What I thought Dr. Strange would be in tone. Also on for at least two more issues.
Squadron Supreme - Damn. Not sure I like what happened here. Maybe a twist? Not sure, but like the book?
Ultimates - I'm on for Galactus. Maybe for longer.
Web Warriors - Kinda cool seeing the various Spiders from the various universes. Couple more at least.

And those that are on my pull. Either for being great or for intriguing me (or perhaps out of habit)
GOLDEN TITLES (These are my Marvel comics. On my pull)

All-New Inhumans - I like this one. Much like New X-Men. More of a team book than the other Inhuman title
All-New Wolverine - Really enjoying X-23 as Wolverine. I even like the costume, I hated on Wolvie, on her
All-New X-Men - Close, but this one makes the cut as I can see where I they are going. I miss X-Men, that helps
Amazing Spider-Man - Only on this to keep up to date. One of the weakest on my pull however
Angela: Queen of Hell - Digging this story and the art. I always lean towards the "B" characters anyway
Astonishing Ant-Man - Just a very funny book. Need this after reading some of my darker creator titles.
Daredevil - One of my favorite "restarts". Art and tone and writing. Nice. In my top 5 Marvel books
Dr. Strange - Not a fan of the direction, a little more "slapstick" than I wanted, but, it's Dr. Strange. Must buy
Extraordinary X-Men - Okay story. Slow, but again, I miss X-Men so much and like the art so yeah, I'm on
Hercules - Yes, slow. Yes, boring. But something ... something here. I dig this. I do!!
Guardians of the Galaxy - I missed the boat last time with Bendis and the Guardians. Enjoying so far
Invincible Iron-Man - Another top 5 book. Yes Peter and Tony kinda switched places, but this is damn fun.
Spider-Woman - Another great comedic title. Strange me liking two "funny" titles, but Ant and this are just great.
Mighty Thor - Another of my top 5 Marvel books. Just a great issue. So emotionally strong
Uncanny Inhumans - I don't care, I like this stuff. Others, not so much. Ha
Vision - Had this as a maybe, until issue #2 hit. WOWZERS. Love this damn title. Another Marvel top 5

Well, that's it so far. As you can see, my Marvel list is large for now, but was happy (sad) to be able to drop the 15 or so books I have, and there will be more I am sure, for I just can't read 30 Marvel titles a month and keep up with the other comics I want to read. Also ... I haven't read Weirdworld issue #1 yet, so not sure where that fits on the scale here.  Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 11:42:01 PM »

And those that are on my pull. Either for being great or for intriguing me (or perhaps out of habit)
GOLDEN TITLES (These are my Marvel comics. On my pull)

All-New Inhumans - I like this one. Much like New X-Men. More of a team book than the other Inhuman title
All-New Wolverine - Really enjoying X-23 as Wolverine. I even like the costume, I hated on Wolvie, on her
All-New X-Men - Close, but this one makes the cut as I can see where I they are going. I miss X-Men, that helps
Amazing Spider-Man - Only on this to keep up to date. One of the weakest on my pull however
Angela: Queen of Hell - Digging this story and the art. I always lean towards the "B" characters anyway
Astonishing Ant-Man - Just a very funny book. Need this after reading some of my darker creator titles.
Daredevil - One of my favorite "restarts". Art and tone and writing. Nice. In my top 5 Marvel books
Dr. Strange - Not a fan of the direction, a little more "slapstick" than I wanted, but, it's Dr. Strange. Must buy
Extraordinary X-Men - Okay story. Slow, but again, I miss X-Men so much and like the art so yeah, I'm on
Hercules - Yes, slow. Yes, boring. But something ... something here. I dig this. I do!!
Guardians of the Galaxy - I missed the boat last time with Bendis and the Guardians. Enjoying so far
Invincible Iron-Man - Another top 5 book. Yes Peter and Tony kinda switched places, but this is damn fun.
Spider-Woman - Another great comedic title. Strange me liking two "funny" titles, but Ant and this are just great.
Mighty Thor - Another of my top 5 Marvel books. Just a great issue. So emotionally strong
Uncanny Inhumans - I don't care, I like this stuff. Others, not so much. Ha
Vision - Had this as a maybe, until issue #2 hit. WOWZERS. Love this damn title. Another Marvel top 5

Well, even looking at the ones you put as 'maybes' I see nothing there I even wanted to try. And based off your tops here in the Golden, well, I still fall on the side where I go "I don't care about X-men nor Inhumans." Yes, I'll read them on MU, most likely. But I've never spent on them in the past decade, and as I've said, I've never cared one whit for Inhumans. Just never touched anything within me.

Skipping Spider-man as an interest, because, duh.

Still won't ever touch anything Bendis.

So, looking at this, I'm, what...at about 4 Marvel titles? Sheesh....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 01:21:10 AM »

So, looking at this, I'm, what...at about 4 Marvel titles? Sheesh....

With your current state of mind on comics, which isn't at its best to say the least going by your recent posts Grin, I don't doubt you find little to entice you. Four from Marvel and four or five from DC ... yeah, not a good amount of good comics for you right now, sadly. Good stuff here for me though.
 Wink

As for Inhumans, I don't know why you are against these guys. Theses are not the same characters you've stated you couldn't get into. These are fresh new characters, for the most part. I mean, it's cool and all, but I think you're prefudice is unwarranted. Unless of course you've read the first issues of the new stuff and found it equally as unacceptable to you.
 Grin
But, I like the new characters, myself. I don't like the fact that the Terrigen Mist is still flying around the world  Cheesy  Roll Eyes, but I like the new characters. There is good stuff here.

But not trying Karnak? A Mark Waid Avengers? or Squadron Supreme? Dude!!! Not even trying? Maybe I am confusing what you mean by not trying and waiting for MU???

Still don't get the total Bendis hate. Yes, like most writers with any amount of books in their catalog they will have some bad shit, much like Bendis with any team book I have read, but the dude can flat out write books featuring one or two main characters (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Spider-Man, Sam & Twitch and now Iron Man, as he is kicking major ass here) are perfect examples of good to great story telling, but hey, we all like what we like and Bendis what we Bendis.
 Grin
(Really wish you would at least try Iron Man when it hits MU)

But yeah, spend money on what you like and if you don't like what's out there, buy nothing. Absolutely  Smiley People must vote with their dollars.
 Cool

What I am reading in my pull (Golden Titles) from Marvel are books I thoroughly enjoy. Have no problems spending the money on those and will gladly put them up against anything out there. Even the X-Men books ... well, not yet. (And having Greg freakin' Land coming up on one title isn't helping their case either)
 Roll Eyes
 Cheesy

Man, you are either going to love Vision or want to pull out your eyes after reading it. Can't wait to find out which way it goes.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 05:54:27 AM »

But not trying Karnak? A Mark Waid Avengers? or Squadron Supreme? Dude!!! Not even trying? Maybe I am confusing what you mean by not trying and waiting for MU???

Oh yeah, I just confused you.

I will read all of it on MU.  Cool

But what I will actually purchase? Now we're talking 4,5, maybe 6 titles. That's what I mean, honest.  Wink

As for a quick hit on the conversation before bed, it's not that I hate the Inhumans. I..."nothing" the Inhumans. Never been excited about their appearances, never thought they were really cool (aside from Black Bolt, that is).

It's akin to say, watching golf. Or honestly, golf period. I don't get golf. I don't get into golf. I'd sooner watch the wall and think to myself than have golf on tv. But I can watch bowling. And those golf people look at me as if I grew a second head.  Smiley

That's all it really it is. Honest. To pun, it's different strokes for different folks.  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 10:19:19 AM »

Oh yeah, I just confused you.

I will read all of it on MU.  Cool

But what I will actually purchase? Now we're talking 4,5, maybe 6 titles. That's what I mean, honest.  Wink

Okay, yeah, I get ya. And looking back it was all there in your post, but it was late and read certain things more strongly than others, I suppose.
 Cheesy

It's akin to say, watching golf. Or honestly, golf period. I don't get golf. I don't get into golf. I'd sooner watch the wall and think to myself than have golf on tv. But I can watch bowling. And those golf people look at me as if I grew a second head.  Smiley

That's all it really it is. Honest. To pun, it's different strokes for different folks.  Grin

Yep.  Smiley

Going off topic ... and speaking of golf and bowling ... I can't stomach to watch either, but love playing both.  Smiley  Though I will tune into the Ryders Cup (the U.S vs Europe) and the Presidents Cup (the U.S vs the rest of the world) just to get my "GO USA" on. I do the same with soccer. Not into it at all until the World Cup rolls around.

But yeah, when it comes to golf and bowling ...  put a club in my hand and I will meet you on the links, so early that the morning fog makes it impossible to see the flight of your ball (and that is the excuse I use for my handicap being so high  Grin). Put my old "Rhino" bowling ball in my hand (do they even make those anymore?  Cheesy) and my old, not great but decent, 198 average will meet you at the lanes. Bottom line, I always enjoyed "sports" that allowed me to drink heavily while being an active participant  Cheesy Cheesy

Sadly I can't even enjoy those activities any longer, but man they were fun while they lasted  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS