HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:19:52 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents of Shield Season 3  (Read 20977 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: October 14, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

I missed the first show, and saw the second.

Rather solid. However, I can't stand Ward being alive. That whole fiasco last season of the stupid trope of "only our enemy can help us now-and we'll honor an agreement to let him go afterwards" bugs the utter living shit out of me. Perhaps you could say the same thing occurs in Arrow or Flash, but Shield is supposed to be more 'real' and well, these Agents shot people and kill people all the time, so why honor this? Ugh.

And now I'm behind on ep 3. Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 07:51:34 PM »

I like the season so far.  I had a hard time with the first episode b/c I couldn't remember all the stuff that happened at the end of season 2.  My whole family forgot that....
Coulson had lost his hand and all jaws dropped when he took his hand off.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »

Ep 7 'Chaos Theory'

The truth about Lash/Andrew comes out in the open. I'm glad to see when agency intelligence is applied, all react accordingly to it and spur to action. Glad to see no hemming or hawing or denying the accuracy of it.

Coulson and Rosalyn has been a fun dance to see occur; but apparently that looks to end very quickly next episode anyways with truths revealed!!

Fitz and Simmons continues to be the biggest drama and best angle to watch the show, for me. However, the pseuodo-Illuminati type styling of finding hidden pictures in the background and in the NASA badge just irks me. If you are a secret society, why plaster your 'symbol' everywhere, then? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »

I hate the love triangle they are creating with Fitz & Simmons.  But I do LOVE how they are starting to complete each others sentences again!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 02:24:48 PM »

This show has been killing it recently. Just killing it! I think this was ep 8, but all I'll really say is what a very well done ep about playing 2-3 factions against each other, very spy-ish, with little known about each other, but pushing their plays and angles for very well. I'm glad to see the heart that is Fitz/Simmons relationship and the best joy in this show still goes strong!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 08:06:41 PM »

Ep 8 'Closure'

Holy shit, Rosalind be dead! Definitely no ifs, ands, or buts about that visual! Pretty good ep; I think I enjoyed the one from last week a bit better, as this was just a revenge ploy the entire time. Most of the time, what I've come to realize, is that I really enjoy when Coulson makes a plan and a mission. That's very spy-ey.

Then there's what Daisy wants to do. Which is always based on emotion without thinking it through to the end. And that bugs me. Still just not a fan of Daisy.

Used to really love Bobbi Morse a lot-but she's felt really stale as of late. Hunter is still a fun guy to watch. Fitz/Simmons continues to be my favorites on the show. May is...May. Some times I can take her or leave her.

And Ward still just needs to die.

Hey! How about this thought? On the blue planet, what if they only find a skeleton of the astronaut? He's been dead for decades? It was all in Simmons' head? Although...she did have a picture with him, so this can't happen. But man, wouldn't that be great? That she was all crazy and made it up?  Cool

If only....

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 11:05:54 PM »

great eps with a shocking start a bit clunky in the middle but still really good TV
and I was just starting to really like her and Coulson together.  As for the planet...my guess is that Will is dead and Jemma was hanging with the creature (Maveth) the who time.  However what I wanted to happen was to discover, in true Whedonian fashion, that the creature was already on earth in the possessed Jemma.  But looking at the preview they see something on the planet so i'm sticking to my Will theory
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 03:55:46 AM »

That's a very interesting theory Wringer.  I hadn't thought of that but could totally see it play out that way.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »

That's a very interesting theory Wringer.  I hadn't thought of that but could totally see it play out that way.

And I can't wait to see what Wringer said, but I am behind so I have to wait.  Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 04:34:11 AM »

Grin
How far back are you?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »

Just the last episode. I will be there soon
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 10:12:29 PM »

Wringer...I want to see your last SPOILER comment come to life!!! Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 02:39:33 PM »

great eps with a shocking start a bit clunky in the middle but still really good TV
and I was just starting to really like her and Coulson together.  As for the planet...my guess is that Will is dead and Jemma was hanging with the creature (Maveth) the who time.  However what I wanted to happen was to discover, in true Whedonian fashion, that the creature was already on earth in the possessed Jemma.  But looking at the preview they see something on the planet so i'm sticking to my Will theory

I think you are right. About the one you feel happened.  Wink But would love for your idea as to what could've happened to be the case as well.
 Grin

This has been the best season of them all so far, I will say. Not filled with over-stretching plots but just a "go,go,go" attitude style of story-telling.
 Cool

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2015, 08:28:12 PM »

yea..i was hoping for the big twist but
its probably too close to what happened with Fred/illyra on Angel to be repeated
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 01:44:38 AM »

This has been the best season of them all so far, I will say. Not filled with over-stretching plots but just a "go,go,go" attitude style of story-telling.
 Cool

Ditto. I like that. Too much navel gazing last season with all that Inhuman angst. My least favorite of the 3 so far. I much more prefer the mission orientated, by a leader with a goal direction.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS