HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:43:03 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 43322 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2015, 01:42:30 AM »

I have the same problems with the lack of ... secrecy as you, Jimmy, not with just the Cisco thing, but then they take this girl to another city and show her those heroes identities as well?  Angry

Also, an Arrow question, They showed the guy in the beginning putting hands on Ollie and sucking his life or whatever ... who was that suppose to be? Me no know.

I'm glad they are bringing in the Hawks, but while toothy Kendra kinda bothers me, the guy they got playing Carter ... not a fan at all.

Also, on the Arrow side, I just don't like the fact that Felicity and him are together. It is just for fan service, I get it, but it isn't right.  Grin It feels wrong as there is little chemistry betwixt them and what little there is that shows through is only because Felicity has so much chemistry period. Put her newar a lamp and they have a little chemistry. HA
 Cheesy

My response:

Evil life sucking power guy is the Big Bad of season 4 Damien Dahrk. This season is about magical problems. He's the source. He once worked alongside the League and Ra's, but he splintered away and began doing what he wished with the resources for his own selfish reasons.

Yes, 'toothy' is exactly how I immediately thought of her, and I hate that that's the first thing I thought when I saw her!!! Carter is fine right now, but I'm in a bit of overload with characters. We're just supposed to accept his crazy stories, and since I know them from the comics, it makes sense to me. However, I'm not sure it really goes over that well just delivered in exposition over 2 40 minute episodes. No character growth, nothing to fall in love with. Hopefully that will happen in time. 

However, it's not 'fan service' Felicity and Ollie are together. :p They wrote that rather well, and I'm glad to see where their relationship has grown. So, bah and feh to you!  Cheesy

The one part, on the roof, when Barry and Ollie were talking, I cuoldn't help but put a mental goatee on Barry and think how much better of an Ollie he would have been over this freakin' Amell guy. I have just never liked him as Ollie. He doesn't fit the part for me. He is more of a Red Hood kinda guy. But whatever, I am getting off base.
 Grin

I said Bah and Feh, sir!!  Tongue

GA is the closest thing to a 'kewl' Batman DC clone. No extra powers, prowls at night, easy enough to do for television. So, a bit of a gruffer, tougher looking stoic man as GA is the route they went. That, and ...now I'm getting off base. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 01:58:30 PM »

However, it's not 'fan service' Felicity and Ollie are together. :p They wrote that rather well, and I'm glad to see where their relationship has grown. So, bah and feh to you!  Cheesy

Cheesy Wellllll ....  Grin My question is this ...
were they together in the comics prior to this show? I honestly don't know (and am kinda curious now). Hell, I don't know if Felicity is even a comic character or not, but if she is, they may have gotten together in the comics. However, if not  Grin ... it is "Fan Service" because it was what the fans wanted.  Cheesy They serviced the fans by bringing the two most popular characters together. Regardless of how well they did it.  Grin
But again, if they did it in the comics first, I will retract my hateful words  Grin Grin Wink Wink (well, all my hateful words except the ones about Amell  Wink Grin)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2015, 05:33:44 AM »

But again, if they did it in the comics first, I will retract my hateful words  Grin Grin Wink Wink (well, all my hateful words except the ones about Amell  Wink Grin)

I'll say this about 'Ollicity' as it's been dubbed.

It was obvious from season 1 that Felicity pined for Oliver. And the show did it's best to create the fated love triangle with him, Laurel, and Tommy; of old and new relationships crashing against one another.

Season 2 was about Oliver hiding his secret life from Laurel, since she blamed the Hood for Tommy's death, even though Oliver wanted to be with her. Realizing that wouldn't work out well, he pined and felt bad. However, he and Felicity had an amazing relationship develop, to the point of great eps occurring about this at the end of the season. HOWEVER, it was a little easy to get over Laurel as Oliver quickly fell back into things with Laurel's sister Sara.

Season 3 saw some big relationship and status changes, and Felicity was there standing so much in stead for Oliver, until he realized and acted on his feelings for her as well.

So, I think it was a great slow burn, and well done. Does Felicity/actress bring a lot to the table in performance? You betcha. But I still can believe it with it's development. She was created in and for the show only, too.

And, being that you didn't watch it happen...I say...um... "neener neener!" then.  Cool Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2015, 04:06:49 PM »

Eh - even if it is Fan Service who cares?  It made sense and is believable.  And they are great together as a team.  She's really the only one who can put him in his place.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2015, 05:33:59 PM »

Ep 9 'Running to Stand Still'

Very cool, very good ep. Brings back all the things I love to see; emotions! Discussions of that! Not sitting behind foolish reasons to hide! I dig all that stuff. Done so so very well with Joe, Iris and Barry.

It's so fun to watch 'Harry' on this show as well. Portals between worlds is such an easy out, as Jay and Harry go back and forth with ease. The want to close those portals has still not been realized, and that framing still seems odd in this season.

The Rogues gathering was okay. Felt the Trickster's plan was done better before, but Hamill was so much fun to watch in all this. Cheesy

I liked how 'selective magnetism' worked for the 100 bombs. Cheesy Yes, that was weak.

But Wally showing up...so very, very cool for this show. Works out great.

I love Zoom's design. I love the 'fattening up the turkey' aspect to the storyline. And once again, Wells will help to increase Barry's speed.

Gotta wait until January 19th now!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »

Eh - even if it is Fan Service who cares? 

No-One. You guys are acting (typing  Cheesy) like that makes a difference. I couldn't care less that its fan service, but that is what it is. I am going by what I saw from season one and two and they should not be together. Yes she "pined" for Ollie, but in a crush way. Hell, she had more of a connection to Barry, in this incarnation, than she had with Ollie. Pining is not relationship. The core of these characters are not one that belong together. This is just CW teen stuff. Again, you guys like it, it's fine, but no, those two are not good together. The literally have no chemistry on screen. You guys (and everyone else that enjoys this show) see it differently, fine, but I think having two characters that you enjoy just being put together because you enjoy them both is not a good reason to have them together.

Look, I love Felicity, but no, she and Ollie don't work. Sure, in the CW world of lovey dovey the fans go crazy, but they are not magnetic at all. She is not Dinah Lance in anyway. That is the type of character Ollie should be with, not a sticky sweet, saccharine pushing, ne'er have a bad thought woman.
 Grin

She was "wowed" by Ollie and he saw right passed her like she was a good friend. Fans like them both. They get put together. Pfft. Whatever.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »

Well I will say in this world Laurel (Dinah) and Ollie had even less chemistry.  In fact her character is really poorly written and uninteresting.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2015, 02:59:46 PM »

On that I can't deny. We can both agree on that. I think the way they wrote her from pretty much the beginning is what bothers me so, even though I hate to admit it. I don't know if it is the actress or the writer or the director/direction, but ... it seems like all of them.
 Undecided

Dinah is such a powerful character and I hate seeing her like this (or like I did)

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather have Ollie with a woman I think is totally "not for him" vs having him with the current incarnation of the woman he is suppose to be with
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2015, 08:13:57 PM »

Okay, just saw the most recent episode and I have never been more pissed/saddened by Joe than I am in this weeks show. For two reasons.

1 -
When he states to his damn daughter, regarding the watch his dad gave him, "I always said I was going to give this to my son".

What a dick. Dude, that is your daughter. You don't say shit like that to your "only" child.
"Oh hey baby girl, you know how I always wanted a son right? Well this shit, this watch, it would have been his to show the bond between father and son. Oh, no, your cool and all, but your female, soooo, yeah ... no dicky, no watchy. fuck off"

Fucking writer must be childless because you just don't do that to your kid. Asshole

2 -
Damn it if he doesn't do it again later in the show. When he is asking Barry "who taught my son how to be a man?" or some such (not a direct quote) and I thought ... you sexist bastard. What about who "taught" your daughter how to be a woman? Oh, you can do both?

Look as a parent, both those things just irked the shit out of me. They did that all wrong.  Angry

The rest of the episode was pretty fun  Cheesy (even though I still stick to the sofa from all the sticky sweetness sometimes.)
 Grin Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »

And I saw the symbol for Hourman, but didn't see him
But who is the girl? Was that Black Canary from Arrow? Didn't look like her. And she had this blue outfit on, it looked like.
 Help?

Only have time for a quick answer, but yes, it's Sara Lance, the original Canary from Arrow.

No, not the one I saw. This girl has shorter hair. I think it is
that negative woman according to the casting and DC Comics anyway

Well of course you are right. I know IMBd had a different name for the character listed and NOT ... what it is now. WTF? What in the hell was I watching? I ... Just don't know. I swear the name was different. They had the ... never-mind.
 Cheesy Cheesy  Angry Angry  Undecided Undecided  Cheesy Cheesy

So is this Sarah the White Canary or something? Just "Canary"? And damn I don't like the guys playing Hawkman/Hawkgirl  Angry that last is not a spoiler, but I'm keeping it here anyway  Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 11:00:50 PM »

Ep 10 'Potential Energy'

Totally dug it. Great ep to come back to. Great to come back to these relationships. Loved, LOVED the Turtle and his
powers presentation. I really enjoyed that. However, what a weird clunker of a thought by Barry to NOT tell Patty. I mean, he told Iris on a whim for criss'ake. Oh well, drama.

And I'm gonna love to see Reverse Flash back as well. Both of them, Reverse and Zoom? Oh man, what a season! Just wait until we have TWO Flashes cruising around!

Wally seemed to do an odd turn around from the last Christmas Ep where he earnestly showed up on Joe's door stop. Now, he for sure looks the pissed off kid who missed out on his dad's life, as well as have to take care of his sick mom in a different life than this one. I look forward to more great Joe moments from this. Hopefully, 'Wally' is a great actor and can carry himself around Joe and Iris.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2016, 02:31:50 PM »

Now I stated I was going to stop being negative with comics, but I didn't say anything about TV shows.
 Cheesy Cheesy

This episode made this show slide waaaay down my enjoyment scale.  Undecided

I hate this Wally. I hate Him. I hate his reactions, I hate his attitude and I hate his motivations . I even really hate the way Joe interacts with him. I would knock this punk on his F'n ass. I Hate Wally West. Hate him. As far as his acting ... I am not sure. I spent all my time HATING THIS CHARACTER WITH THE FURY OF A THOUSAND SUNS!!!!! I couldn't tell ya how I felt about his acting. I am thinking I don't like it at all as I couldn't get passed my complete hatred of him to notice anything remotely worth saving in this last episode.

Was this character written by Guggenheim? GAWD HE SUX !!!!

Burn to death on a treadmill, Wally!!!!!!
 Angry Angry

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:51 AM »

To Perry's Response:

Yeah, like I even said, he seemed a real big turn considering where he was before Christmas. I don't expect them to be a happy family from the get go. Hell, I would have looked forward to some angry drama "Where were you?! You weren't there for me!" kind of things, but here, he just seemed a dickhead. Like, fine, yeah, this situation sucked, I get it Wally. By the way, you know your Mom was a piece of shit addict that hurt her daughter? I'm sorry you had this life, or that we didn't have each other, but I had to protect my girl. So, if you're a man now, take this man's response-Shape up, suck it up, or get the fuck out of here. Your choice. I want you around, but not if you're prick.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2016, 01:55:45 AM »

Grin
Exactly!!!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2016, 02:38:22 AM »

Ep 11

The Reverse Flash Returns
Without a doubt, Cisco has stolen this season. His every moment with Wells is genius. His comments, his grasp of the situation, all gold to watch.

Oh....Turtle was killed! Misread that scene last ep!!

edit for later

I loved this ep. For me, there is something so fun in watching the hero against his greatest nemesis, especially in full suited colors. The way R-F despises Flash, the bitter pill of anger that Flash has for him, and then they run together. Oh man, so cool, so fun!!

Also, these actors are just killing it!! Iris is amazing. Great story with her and Wally to have moments and make them shine. I'm glad Francine is not to be another character on the show. Is it a bit fast for her to show up then die? Perhaps, but she's the vehicle/Macguffin to unite a family, or at least to break it and remold it. We got to watch Joe in the early eps be so angry and fearful and sad about seeing her, about having to live through his lie, and then to resolve it. That was all great. Then, to see his gentle tenderness to Francine on her hospital bed lets us know he's moved past it, he's been forgiven, and he's forgiven himself. So, it then becomes Iris' turn, and in doing that, it allows her to be broken, but then to be built up as a sister as well. Great stuff.

And, it needs repeating, but Cisco and Wells are great together! What chemistry!!

Oh man, Jay Garrick's doppleganger is Hunter Zolomon! Ha! Fun!!! However...will all seasons revolve around another speedster to fight? Or will season 3 truly be something like Rogue War? I think that would be truly cool too.

I had wondered if Cisco was going to just vibe over to Earth-2 and then make Barry go chase him down.

And Patty! She owned all her scenes! She was great! Fantastic!!!Loved it and her so much! Too bad this Barry is being such a turd about how he's treating everyone with his woe is me mopey Mc'moperson face. Ease up dude!!

Great ep. Truly, great ep.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 03:44:31 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS