HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:15:18 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ninjak  (Read 7857 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 23, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »

Usually I am more up on these things, but I just saw where our boy Ninjak will be facing off against The Barde. HAHAHA

The Barde, French for the Beard, and looking at that guy ... yeah ... I can kinda see it  Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »

I've really come to enjoy this book, which seemed like a longshot to me, even as I tried it.

I mean, a purple clad ninja who lets his hair fly free in a remnant mask of all 90s X-men characters?

No, I totally this character and his gear and his missions.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:55:08 AM »

So behind on Valiant right now  Embarrassed I'm working my way through all the runs of Secret Six. Currently on v2 issue ... 21(? I think)

As soon as I get through all 36 of those issues, as I have no desire to read the DC52 run, and before I start the Suicide Squad titles (from v1 to ... current?), I am going to jump back into all the Valiant titles again and catch up on each one. Totally. Maybe even Rai.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:41:27 PM »

Ninjak #20

Man this art. Ugh, I am struggling here. The last two issues of this book has been a chore. And the art by Khari Evans? What the hell? It looks like they lost the artist right before publishing the last couple issues and needed to ask him for help, and he drew them them all in a day. So bad. And I liked his stuff on Harbingers. Not here. This is bad. So bad it is killing this story for me. It was so hard to read I can't honestly say I read more than a few pages and flipped through the rest.

This better come back soon!!! Valiant is too good for this kind of shit.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 12:08:13 PM »

Like I needed help getting psyched for the next Ninjak series, this two pager by Tomas Giorello looks incredible, but also very much like one of my all time favorite artist of the two page spread, Paul Gulacy!!!

HERE

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »

Okay, Okay, Yeah, I have been totally slacking on my Valiant reading as of late. That is a situation I should resolve and man I got the news today that will certainly help me resolve just that; Juan Jose Ryp returns to Ninjak starting with this next issue!!!

Hells Yeah!!!

That should get me motivated to leave off some Marvel (which I have to say I have been straight burning right through lately) and get my butt (eyes) back onto the pages of some darn Valiant!!

I haven't even opened the first issue of the new Quantum and Woody!!

WTF, Perry?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 03:46:52 PM »

I'm way behind on X-O and a little behind on Bloodshot.  I decided to skip the new Quantum & Woody series.  Ninja-K I've been catching up on so I'm not too far behind.  Glad to hear your excited about what's coming up!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS