HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:14:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Unwritten  (Read 7052 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 07, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »

by Mike Carey. Yes or No?
I mean read or not.
Hahaha

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 03:28:58 AM »

It's such a perplexing, fantastical amazing read.

it took...2 breaks I think, and some of the narrative upon the return didn't seem to match prior elements to me, but I got back into it, and, well, I haven't finished reading it! I think it's a great thing to read, and I actually would really like to sit down and read through it in a full collection once, just to diminish the gaps between publishing times and such.

Thumbs up here! Carey and Gross working together makes gold!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »

Sweet. Thanks.

Wondering if I should finish my Fables set first or start Unwritten. I am close to the Fables/Unwritten crossover (not very close, but I know it is coming) and I think I should start Unwritten to at least get a sense of the character(s) before hand. But man, at first I was thinking about getting caught up on both titles and read the X-Over as it would have happened if I had been reading the entire time, but not sure I can do that.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »

That seems an awfully damned long time to try and accomplish that!!! I think with accomplished writers, you'd be just fine to read and continue on. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 05:23:25 PM »

True, it will take awhile, but it has taken me forever to get this far in Fables any ... I could read Jack of while I catch up with Unwritten.
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS