HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:20:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - July 29, 2015  (Read 3794 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 27, 2015, 09:30:59 PM »

New shipment queuing up for August!      

Copperhead #9      
Flash #42      
Flash Annual #4      
Future Imperfect #3      
Grayson #10      
Invisible Republic #5      
Ivar Timewalker #7       
Low #8       
Ninjak #5      
Old Man Logan #3      
Southern Bastards #10       

Ordering on Instocktrades.com      

Imperium TPB Vol 1      

Picking up at the LCS on Wednesday      

Thors #2      

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 01:50:22 AM »

Jeff, with Imperium ... did you stay until the end of Harbinger?

Though I am not sure if it matters as Valiant usually does a good job of recapping to get ya up to speed.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 01:59:07 AM »

No I didn't.  Do I need to go back and finish that first?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 02:07:47 AM »

No I didn't.  Do I need to go back and finish that first?

I can't remember ... I will check and get back with ya  Cheesy

I just remember that this felt like a continuation of Harby ... and it kinda is, without being ... if ya get me. The story of Harada continues here anyway.
(But you should try Unity. The first arc finds Harada, Livewire, Ninjak and Eternal Warrior going up against X-O. Was really fun)
 Smiley

EDIT - No, I don't think you need to go back and finish Harbinger. Just know that this book is after the Harbinger foundation  ... well ... just think of this as part two of Harada's story. Time to tell the bad guys tale and follow him for awhile. Harada is Dr. Doom, Magneto and Lex Luther all in one !!!

(but yeah, you should read the first trade of Unity !!)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:13:02 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 04:51:33 AM »

I read the first Unity arc but stopped after that.  Did it stay good after the first arc?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 03:31:36 PM »

I went ahead and added these two to my InstockTrade order to get the free shipping.

HARBINGER TP VOL 05 DEATH OF A RENEGADE

HARBINGER TP VOL 06 OMEGAS

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 01:33:50 AM »

I read the first Unity arc but stopped after that.  Did it stay good after the first arc?

I honestly don't know. Ha. I've been getting them, but I still have to read them.

I think I stopped at issue ... 8 ?? It was still good up to that point. But I love the interactions with the character's and how the line between bad, good and neutral gets blurred.
Ya got a spy
A girl with good intent, normally
An eternal
A savage
and a bad guy working together and that just makes it interesting  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS