HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:44:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Five titles from Image Expo  (Read 3853 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 03, 2015, 01:05:57 AM »

Here are the links, via BC, of the top five books that I am most interesting in, announced at Image Expo. I will be getting these five, most chances-

• Black Magic - seen HERE
  • One % - seen HERE
  • Goddamned - seen HERE
  • Faster Than Light - seen HERE
  • Hadrian's Wall - seen HERE

And I am stoked and High about Invincible getting the reboot ... well I like the REASON ... well, not "reason", but excuse I should say.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 08:41:44 PM »

What a weird coincidence.  I literally just finished reading about these on Bleeding Cool then came over here and first thing I see is this post.

I am really torn about that new Aaron title.  There could be some really good stories there but not sure I could enjoy them considering the subject matter.  Gonna have to think on this one.

The other four you have listed I'm also interested in.  I actually had no interest in the One % until I saw that it is by the guy who is doing Iron Fist.  Now I will check it out.

Agree on Invincible.  I normally hate reboot/renumbering but I like the premise.  And since I buy this in TPB the renumbering shouldn't really phase me.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »

I think it's more that Kirkman is being tongue in cheek by having it labeled a reboot, simply to grab attention ala the Big Two. It's still going to be Invincible, and I'm still totally on board.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »

I don't know, from the way it was set-up it seems it will stay that numbering for awhile, but maybe not. I guess it depends on if this is a time travel story where Invincible sees himself or if this time travel he takes over his own body in the past. Could be a very cool way to reboot, could be just a one shot or could be just a short run mini series type that will come back to the original numbering after 12 issues or so.

Can't wait to find out.

(Once I go back and read the last 2 HC's and the remaining issues leading up to this that is. Soooo behind  Sad Angry)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS