HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:30:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE - GODS AND MONSTERS  (Read 3251 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 26, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »

Oh what has DC done with my animated movies? Okay, their animated movies  Grin Below is a trailer for the upcoming JL movie - Gods and Monsters - and man ... I just don't know.  Undecided I am gonna see it, I can not not watch a Bruce Timm production, but if it wasn't for him I'm not sure I would even bother. I've been just so disappointed with DC Animation lately. They use to kill each and every movie they put out, wiping Marvel off the map with animated atomic annihilation, but now they are barley putting out stuff on par with Marvel, and that is bad. Marvel animated sucks Cosmic Cube.

But here it is, Justice League alternate world with a Tony Stark looking Superman that speaks Spanish, Batman with a hideous costume and ... Wonder Woman (and please stay tuned after the movie trailer for three 6 minute mini-movies, featuring our JL cast, found below this window  Cheesy ... if you have not seen all this prior  Grin)

Superman in BOMB -

Batman in TWISTED -

Wonder Woman in BIG -

(was that Jocasta?)
Cheesy

EDIT -
And I was thinking, yes these are alternate world characters and yes it doesn't bother me, but how do you think Curt Swan, Irv Novick and the like would have reacted to seeing -
"Okay in this panel I want Supermans eye's to glow red showing that he is going to blast his heat vision through this childlike characters head"
or
"Okay in this panel, I want you to show a dead little boy, with stitches at his neck and hands, showing he was cut into small pieces and then sown back together, placed in a position ...."

Ha

Kinda makes ya miss the simpler times, yeah?

EDIT 2 -
And hell, I forgot to add the clip that got me even thinking about those older clips  Grin the NEW teaser from Gods and Monsters.
DOH!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:25:36 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:35:19 PM »

The animation looks great, as to be expected, and I'm sure the story will be interesting.

I'm just a little burned out on "super heroes vs. the government."  Don't get me wrong, folks not working for the government with super powers... yeah, there would be conflict.  No question, I get that.

As a story idea, I've been slowly burning out on the concept since Justice League Unlimited wrapped up.  A long time.

Maybe this will kick so much butt I won't care.  Who knows?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS