HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:36:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading List - 6/22/2015  (Read 11449 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 22, 2015, 07:58:23 PM »

I'm trying to read more or less in publication order for the comics in my list.  Sometimes I'll go ahead and read two or three of the same title in a row.  The app let's you download 12 issues at a time for offline reading so I thought it would be fun to list out what I'm reading.

And yes....I'm still in 2013!

Reading this week:

Fearless Defenders #2
Fearless Defenders #3
Wolverine & the X-Men #28
Superior Spider-man #9
Fearless Defenders #4
Wolverine & the X-Men #29
Daredevil #26 (2011 run)
Superior Spider-Man #10
Captain America #7 (Remeder's 1st run)
Wolverine & the X-Men #30
X-Men #1 (2013 run)
Fearless Defenders #5

This gets me through May 2013.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 08:50:46 PM »

For me, in Unlimited, I'm doing

*all the new releases each week (well, not ALL of them; just the ones I like to read, but in the past

-Young Avengers (2013)
-Avengers (1963) I'm on #84!
-Annihilators (2010) (the last bit of DnA's cosmic odeussy of books they started with Annihilation
-Deadpool (1997) Just following the book that started the trend of third world breaks, and to see where this character really came from.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 09:06:41 PM »

-Deadpool (1997) Just following the book that started the trend of third world breaks, and to see where this character really came from.

That's a pretty fun run if I remember right.  Lots of funny and cool stuff.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 04:12:54 AM »

i have a long list of back-issue i want to read and i kind of squandered the first couple yrs of my sub because i didnt have a tablet and really didnt enjoy reading on the pc. i read some books i had dropped but didnt really get in the swing of reading new monthlies until the last yr or so...currently i read almost everything that comes out that i'm interested in and even some that i'm not or have lost interest since starting.  I still get around 12 books a month in paper format the resat are digital and growing due to Secret Wars (reading the prime book and a few satalites) ANADM and a $4 tag on even the most fringe title.
Here's the list from what been released so far (release dates in Dec2014)
Inhumans #9-10...enjoying this so far tho a bit disjointed at times
Iron Fist #7...GREAT book
Hulk #9...this has been surpisingly good
Thanos v Hulk #1...meh
Axis: Revolutions #3-4...ok but its a limited so i can put up with it
Death of Wolverine: WeaponX #3-4...these have been interesting if not predictable
Guardians 3000 #3...not bad will follow for a bit longer
Star-Lord #6...i'll keep reading this one too for no other reason than kitty pryde appearances
Angela #1...off to a decent start
X-Force #13....almost over but a weird title from start to finish
Rocket Racoon #6...silly fun
Avengers World #16...this ones pretty good
Death of Wolverine: Legacy #6...more wolverine stuff but decent
Punisher# 13...had given up on him yrs ago but since its basically free, why not.  not to bad either
Uncanny X-Men Annual #1
Avengers #39 ...5 mo TRO...this is heating up nicely
All-New Ultimates #11...ugh...all done with this
GotG Annual #1...meh
Amaz Spider-Man Annual #1...decent but a bit silly
Axis: Carnage #3...this was pretty good considering hes pretty 1 dimension
Spider-Man and the X-Men #1...this was fun but the x-men came off as racist
Thor #3...good start to this title
Captain Marvel #10...Great book
Electra #9...this is really good too
Ultimate S-M #8...why not and peters back from the dead
Axis: Hobgoblin #3...see Carnage
Fantastic Four #14...enjoying Robinsons run
All-New Capt A #2...Axis crossover with evil Sam...hard to swallow
Avengers Now #1?
Black Widow #13...this has been a lot of fun
Storm #6...liking this one too
Ms Marvel #10...Great fun book with very much a early S-M vibe
Spider-Woman #2...not bad for part of a crossover
She-Hulk #11...this has been good
Cyclops #8...father and son is space...how can i pass that up
Capt A & the Avengers #9...see all new cap. not buying Luke as an aragant fool
Invaders #13...this has been good too....more robinson
Secret Avengers #10...this ones a bit twisted but ok....likes the last run better
Superior Foes #17...last issue will miss this title
New Avengers #27...time is running out and the deck is stacked
New Warriors #12...last issue not a bad run by Yost...read mostly for Kaine
Deathlok #2...good start nothing spectacular
AN Ghost Rider# 9....keep reading even tho i'm not sold and the art is not my cup of tea...i'll give it another month
Magneto #12...more Axis stuff
Silver Surfer #7...very strange and not your typical SS series/characterization
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

So Wringer, you enjoying SW also? Just to double check, have you read Thors?  Smiley

And your list is almost as bad as mine. At least you are having time to read yours.  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 03:24:12 PM »

i've read the 1st 3 issues of the prime title and enjoying it immensely.  my problem is i keep reading MU titles and have neglecting my physical books...about a month and a half behind on those.  I did pick up a couple of the tie ins (armor wars, renew vows and a few others) but dont think i picked up Thors...i'll read that in 6mo Smiley

by the time of the relaunch i hope to be down to only a few physical books...the ones i've been collecting the longest and just cant let go....Amazing S-M, IronMan, Uncanny X and anything written by Peter David or staring Moon Knight...everything else i can wait on.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 03:54:57 PM »

Fearless Defenders #2
Fearless Defenders #3
Wolverine & the X-Men #28
Superior Spider-man #9
Fearless Defenders #4
Wolverine & the X-Men #29
Daredevil #26 (2011 run)
Superior Spider-Man #10
Captain America #7 (Remeder's 1st run)
Wolverine & the X-Men #30
X-Men #1 (2013 run)
Fearless Defenders #5

This gets me through May 2013.

Making fast progress.  Looks like I'll be into June 2013 by the weekend if not sooner.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 03:57:51 PM »

Here's the list from what been released so far (release dates in Dec2014)......

Your list has a lot of the things I have in My Library.  How are all of those Post-Death of Wolverine titles?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 04:35:05 PM »

Kinda surprised you're still hanging in with that Defenders title, Jeff. I wanted to like that so badly but just couldn't
 Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:18:15 PM »

Kinda surprised you're still hanging in with that Defenders title, Jeff. I wanted to like that so badly but just couldn't
 Embarrassed

I'm still on the first arc.  I'm not hating it yet.   Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 07:19:46 PM »

i have the defenders on my "something i think i might read someday list" but haven;t gotten around to yet.

Wolverine stuff is ok, nothing earth shaking and very glad i didn't buy it...but for on-line books that is not costing me anything (read my $70 worth of stuff i liked within a month or so of renewal) its not bad.  thing is death means nothing and we all know this is really filler until logan comes back in a yr or so.  i hoping the new wolverine book post SW with Laura will be good as i have mostly enjoyed that character.  Creed/Mystique/Daken are pretty thin and their motivations are all over the map over the past few years....especially Raven.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 10:31:11 PM »

Embarrassed

I'm still on the first arc.  I'm not hating it yet.   Grin

I hated
the way Fraction had Dr. Strange as a man whore.  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 11:34:43 PM »

You might be thinking of a different run?  This is by Cullen Bunn and has an all female cast.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 02:39:41 AM »

i have the defenders on my "something i think i might read someday list" but haven;t gotten around to yet.

Wolverine stuff is ok, nothing earth shaking and very glad i didn't buy it...but for on-line books that is not costing me anything (read my $70 worth of stuff i liked within a month or so of renewal) its not bad.  thing is death means nothing and we all know this is really filler until logan comes back in a yr or so.  i hoping the new wolverine book post SW with Laura will be good as i have mostly enjoyed that character.  Creed/Mystique/Daken are pretty thin and their motivations are all over the map over the past few years....especially Raven.

Good to know, Wringer.  I agree that these "ok" titles are a lot easier to read when it doesn't cost anything.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2015, 12:48:57 PM »

You might be thinking of a different run?  This is by Cullen Bunn and has an all female cast.

Ahhhh, okay, yeah, I was thinking of the one prior to that. This yukky run

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS