HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:04:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bizarro Funny Book  (Read 5314 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: June 04, 2015, 03:55:52 AM »

I loved it! I really did. I was honestly laughing out loud at some of the sight gags as well as one-liners. Really cool and fun! Got a curse word like hell or damn in there, otherwise I'd share with my friends' kids. (ya know, because they read it out loud Wink

But I really had a lot of fun with this one!!!

Bat-mite, not so much. Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:09:06 PM »

Dang it.  I would ha e bought this for the kid. Embarrassed

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:07:43 PM »

Dang it.  I would ha e bought this for the kid. Embarrassed

I know, right? That was my thought after 5 pages, but then one hell comes up, and another damn, and honestly, that's it. But still....if those 2 weren't there!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 03:08:53 PM »

Yes, it was a fantastic read. Had a blast. Great "team" book  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy And the art ... perfection for that title. Love that they brought in
the classic "TUT" as a semi-character in this. And as a used car salesman. HAHA
I give the editor a huge thumbs up for this book. He made a great book by putting together a great team.
A+ all across the board.

I also was a little let down with Bat-Mite. The story was okay and honestly I actually laughed harder and in more spots at this one than I did with Bizarro, but certain things in this "great for kids" book  (like bringing up "castration" as an option for punishment) really set the tone flying all over the place. Funny, at parts, but not one I would let me grand-kids read. Not yet anyway.

And speaking of kid friendly ... when your MU gets to Secret Wars, don't forget to read Skottie Youngs "Giant-Size Little Marvel AVX" Also a fantastic read that had me laughing my butt off.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 11:03:52 PM »

Super glad to have read and took part in this. Well worth it the whole time, I got some great guffaws from it, and I think it was a cool project well worth DC's time to do. Well worth wit. So very worth it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 02:06:26 PM »

Absolutely one of the best mini's in years. Had a blast reading this damn thing. A true winner in all aspects. Writing, Art, Color and Lettering.

A Perry Top Pick !!!  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS