HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:25:27 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DIVINITY  (Read 12962 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 17, 2015, 02:47:29 PM »

Just finished this mini-series up last night and came away loving it.
I loved the time manipulation and the way it was shown artisically (that was truly a great thing). I also just really love the look of this guy. This "Space Suit" with the unnecessary tubes going from one part of the suit to another  Cheesy. I know it makes no sense, but it looks cool as hell. Even more so when you see it with the different colored ones, which was another good reveal that he wasn't alone (And I am crossing my fingers on those two other Cosmonauts that sank into oblivion ... I hope we have not seen the last of them. This could be an Avengers "Michael" story all over again, but with more "Michaels")
 Cheesy

Super glad this title is returning for another 4 issue run. I do hope it will be the same team. I think what makes this book look so good is the art team on this book. From pencils, to inks and colors, top notch looking stuff. (Okay, yes, that was a stupid statement. Of course it is the "art team" that makes this book look so good. Who the hell else would it be?
"The editor really wowed me on this book the way she made everything look so fascinating"
 Sad
Moron
 Cheesy

Anyway ...

8 outta 10 - old Ninjaks!!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 11:52:25 PM »

Loved this mini in the full telling. So very cool, and I love the trippy time travel/space travel to the unknown. I love a being/person not knowing the full world they return to, and unlimited power that still makes them powerless.

Have to reread this in one sitting, as I had a hard time truly knowing when future-Divinity was talking, or the man from the past. I feel there is more to know about him by how he viewed what was occurring.

And I can't wait to see Divinity II!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »

Glad to hear this is good.  I'm planning on picking it up when it comes out in TPB.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 03:32:51 PM »

Yep, worth it. Especially at DCBS discount ... or In-Stock of course if you have a lot more trades/HC in mind to grab   Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 02:40:23 AM »

Glad to hear this is good.  I'm planning on picking it up when it comes out in TPB.

Did you ever grab this puppy, Jeff?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 02:04:41 PM »

Now that is SPOOKY.  It is LITERALLY the next book I'm reading today.  I made it through my August floppies this week and then read my Men of Wrath TPB (great Jason Aaron book by the way) and then the latest Invincible TPB.  I'm now up to my six or seven Valiant TPBs and Divinity is the first one.

So your question is so timely it makes me wonder if your somehow reading my mind.  Time to break back out the tin foil hat!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 02:31:41 PM »

Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 03:11:51 PM »

Finally finished this.  It was a little confusing at first but tied together well by the end.  I felt sorry for Divinity by the end of the book and hope to see more of him in the future.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2015, 10:45:28 AM »

Wow, just saw you finished this. Damn old eyes.

I really liked the way the art and tone of this book fit.

And his return is soon!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 02:30:19 PM »

DIVINITY II
Issues #s 1-4

Oh yeah, this was fun.

I will say it was also really fast to read, at least for me, and I am not sure that is due to the way it is composed (does it have a lot less text than some books?) or because I was having so much fun (and the time just flew by). Regardless, a good little (fast) run with a great "Oh Man!!!" ending, that explains why there will be Divinity III soon.

I strongly suggest this 4 issue series IF and only if you are interested in reading the next one  Grin You will want to I suspect, but just know that going in. As far as needing to read the first Divinity 4 issue mini first, I don't think you need to as the recap the situation pretty well. However, I also strongly suggest you read it regardless as it was also a great read. Divinity/Unity? Yep, yep. Good stuff.

as this is now only part two of (at least) a three part story, I am not grading the nine I want to, as the ending kinda needs a resolution.

8 outta 10 - Cosmic powered beings
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 09:46:16 PM »

Divinity III issue #3's last couple of pages had the biggest, holy shit moment I have had in comics in years!!!
 Grin
Not sure why, I mean, it was something, but ... it shouldn't have ... oh screw that ... man, it was great!!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 09:40:24 AM »

Sooooo ...

Guys ....

Have you both caught up with this? All three mini's?

Divinity 4 (or Divinity 0 I think is what it is called) will hit soon ... ish ....  Smiley Smiley You guys need to get ready for the return of Valiant's Cosmic Powered Astronaut !!!

EDIT - Just read on Multiversity that the name of this part four will be Eternity. So catch up on all three Divinity's so you are ready for Eternity.
 Smiley
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:13:35 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 12:21:25 PM »

I haven't gotten to III yet.  Been working on catching up on DC.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 03:33:18 PM »

I haven't gotten to III yet.  Been working on catching up on DC.

Was thinking about how Divinity II tied into Divinity pretty well, as far as the amount of time that had past, but Divinity III comes right after II ... It really could have been just an 8 issue mini instead instead of two 4 issue ones. So make sure you remember how II ended as it goes right into it with the first issue of III
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 03:05:53 PM »

Divinity III #3

HOLY CRAP!!!  Did that just happen?HuhHuh?

Kazmir just ripped off Divinity 's head?!?!?!??!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS