HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:21:26 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Random observation of Marvel's villains...  (Read 4583 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: June 10, 2015, 02:26:13 AM »

Being that the worst ones are the superheroes.

Yes, I'm 6 months behind, and there was the ol'switcheroo.

But if you consider what the Illumaniti has been doing for years, or what Shield has done to the mutants, or mutant 'heroes' versus 'heroes'....versus Avengers....who needs the Serpent Society? They've got nothing on the many groups of heroes deciding what's right and doing whatever they will against the other heroes who are doing what they do in the name of 'what's right.'

Very morose thoughts! I do laugh at myself through this. Where's the villains is what I ask?  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 11:39:51 AM »

Well sure, coming in from the DC side where everything is so black and white, I guess seeing characters being more than just this or that kinda throws ya.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Yes, a quick morning jab  Grin I kid, I kid  Grin

But seriously, isn't that realistic? That people with a common goal or set belief would be against (or not "with" or "for") a group of people with a different goal or belief structure? We see that all the time. Politics and Religion being the two main ones, obviously.

Are Republicans and Democrats really THAT much different than Scott Summers and his group and the Avengers? Both are strong proponents of what they desire for the world and both believe their's is the way to get it there.

Is there really a difference in the Illuminati and any group of peoples that try and dictate global or national ideology behind the curtain of transparency? From Wells Fargo, Citicorp, Bank of America or any of the big 11 banking "companies" all the way to the funded and sponsored "news" companies like FOX, MSNBC, CNN or countless others that try and twist rationale and common sense around to their point of view. Heck at least Marvel's Illuminati doesn't use fear mongering to get as many followers as they can?
 Cheesy

And is Shield really doing anything that different than our own local, state and national "protection agencies" are doing following that stupid, asinine Patriot Act? The goal is to protect, but much like the NSA, do they not just go too damn far to accomplish that goal? That has been the point of SHIELD's existence the entire time. To show that yes, Government can and should protect its citizens, but if we allow them too much power, we just sacrifice freedom for security (to totally screw up Benjamin Franklin's thought process) They become the "fence" and we become the "cattle".
 Cheesy
Welcome to SHIELD!
 Grin

And their are a lot of groups with a lot of different group thoughts in Marvel. I mean Marvel has Mutant groups, Inhuman groups, Human groups and Super groups (not really a "genetic" group, just grouping all the non-mutant/Inhuman powered people together as a group). That is a lot of "groups" with some very different functional ideas. Not to mention all the organizations that can come from those groups or mixed groups. Does DC have anything other than Super Groups and Human Groups? I can't think of any? Though heck, I guess you could put Lanterns in as a "group" ... and they have certainly had their issues with the heroic/villainy line
 Grin

All that said, hero vs hero, jumping into battle without discussing things first is an industry wide problem. Never made any sense to me, but as it is just used to get into some fighty, fighty action scenes comics will use it.

That's my 'onion'
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »

Damn it. I should have waited on my second cup of coffee to post. sooo many typos. I hate when I do the damn "their and there" thing or the "your and you're" thing.
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »

Perry, I agree with everything you said. Totally.

But you've wrecked things for a while by comparing Avengers/X-men to Congress!! ARGH!  Wink Cool I don't need that to bring me down!

Just seems things really aren't that bad if the Shocker robs a bank. They have all kinds of securities in place to protect and insure themselves. What he does isn't all that bad, especially if Shield needs no clearance from a state to go into a person's home, go through through any of their files, and take anything or anyone they want. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »

Just seems things really aren't that bad if the Shocker robs a bank. They have all kinds of securities in place to protect and insure themselves. What he does isn't all that bad, especially if Shield needs no clearance from a state to go into a person's home, go through through any of their files, and take anything or anyone they want. Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy

Too true, my man.

Cheesy Cheesy

(And sorry for the Congress bit)  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS