HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:56:18 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Secret Wars Tie-Ins  (Read 25037 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 06:45:00 PM »

Any new reads yet Perry?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2015, 06:50:34 PM »

Any new reads yet Perry?

Ha, no. Sadly. I have been killing my time with Image books. I am waaaay behind on my Tie-In readings. Need to resolve that an put the "i" books down for just a few. I have so many of them now. Like ... We Stand On Guard is off to a great start!!!! Nialbiter, Birthright, Invisible Republic, Deadly Class, Copperhead, Low, Revival, Saga, Sons of the Devil, Southern Bastards, Southern Cross, Lazarus ...
JEEEZ!!! All so good. Some I have only read a balloon or two but I can tell I like it.  Cheesy

Marvel, save me!!!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy (Will get back to SW this week-end, damn it!  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 06:57:55 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy

I hear you.  I've been sucking up all my free time on MU.  Even my kid is complaining about me always being on my phone.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2015, 07:24:50 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Right?

But I tell ya, I still don't know how you do that on a phone.   Grin Kick back on the desktop my man!!!  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 01:21:38 PM »

1872 #1

Pick this up.  It's a lot of fun.  Basically it's the Marvel Universe set in 1872 in the town of Timely (The original name of Marvel).  A lot of little things like the town being set next to the Kirby river make it fun.  Town Sheriff - Steve Rogers. Town drunk - Tony Stark. And his drink of choice? Wolverine whiskey.  Mayor Fisk and Govenor Roxxon are the antagonists.

I like this.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2015, 12:31:04 PM »

1872 #1

Pick this up.  It's a lot of fun.  Basically it's the Marvel Universe set in 1872 in the town of Timely (The original name of Marvel).  A lot of little things like the town being set next to the Kirby river make it fun.  Town Sheriff - Steve Rogers. Town drunk - Tony Stark. And his drink of choice? Wolverine whiskey.  Mayor Fisk and Govenor Roxxon are the antagonists.

I like this.

I did as well, though after reading issue #2 ...
I'm kinda shocked that they have used Redwolf so little, as I thought they were gonna try him in a new series. Maybe not, but if so I would want to see more of him to get fans into the character.

Other than that I have enjoyed it ...
Even when the pigs ate Captain America!!!  Shocked

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 03:39:30 AM »

Got the Spidey Renew your Vows #3 and Future Imperfect #3.

Peter David is obviously a far greater caliber of writer than Slott appears to ever have the hope of attaining. I have stopped my preorders of these 2 series at #3. However, being that PAD is PAD, I think I'll still pick up the remaining floppies of Future Imperfect.

As for Renew...I still follow with little interest into this storyline. Annie is not Mayday, and I guess I just don't care to get to know her.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 04:02:24 AM »

Hey now...been missing these updates!!!! Tongue

Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 09:37:08 PM »

I know !!!  Undecided  Smiley  Wink

I am soooo far behind. Spending over a week in Vegas hasn't helped the cause. Plus Dave is gonna have a huge stack waiting for me on my desk at home I just know it. I have even stopped reading most of them for now, stopped reading a majority of the X related books all together (most were just not good at all).

Maybe we can finally have that HRead-Through I've always wanted when these books start hitting the MU. We pick 3 books a week and talk about them three books and move on each week. Making a much delayed event even longer on the re-read.
HAHAHAHA

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 03:34:43 PM »

Well, Unlimited just put up the last 2 issues of Avengers/New Avengers before Secret Wars broke out, so I may at Secret Wars #1 in just a month!!!

Also: what in the hell really happened lol?! Hickman's scope of planning was so gigantically BIG.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 07:41:28 PM »

Man - Perry's really dropping the ball on this thread!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 12:31:58 PM »

Cheesy Grin

No joke!! I am dropping the ball on everything right now. Damn life, getting in my way!!!  Angry

Though I do need to stop reading other crap and get back on this.
 Undecided Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 02:32:45 AM »

So, with MU, I've now read first issues of Thors (very cool!) A-Force (eh, fine), but Planet Hulk and something else didn't make me feel anything about the titles to want to read more or "discover" their world.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 03:35:12 AM »

So, with MU, I've now read first issues of Thors (very cool!) A-Force (eh, fine), but Planet Hulk and something else didn't make me feel anything about the titles to want to read more or "discover" their world.

I liked Planet Hulk. Give the second issue a shot.  1872 is fun too.  Old Man Logan is a good title for a tour of this world also.
Thors is my favorite.

The rest are not must reads and by all that is holy, don't waste any time on the Ultimate book!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 03:36:02 AM »

Oh and Master of Kung Fu.  That was fun too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS