HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:11:07 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BROKEN WORLDS  (Read 4412 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 10, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »

Well I just read the first issue of a four part mini that I will be adding. It's from BOOM and it's called Broken Worlds.

People are leaving the Earth as a 'Doomsday' meteor is heading for our fair planet. A lottery was held to decide ... ya know what, I will just post the solicitation for the mini :

Author: Frank J. Barbiere
Artist: Christopher Peterson
"With a meteor days away from causing an extinction-level event on Earth, time is running out for Elena Marlowe. While most of the planet’s population and her family were approved by the government to escape on one of the giant spaceships headed to another planet, her application was denied due to her mysterious past. With the meteor fast approaching, Elena tries desperately to find a way to fake her way onto the last ship or else be left behind to die with the rest of Earth’s rejected denizens."

Now upon reading that I wasn't exactly chomping at the bit to read this, but someone forced me to (Thanks Dave) and now I am hooked. This is a pretty well written issue with some decent, non-intrusive art that has a strong character side to it. This could easily turn into a show or at least an ongoing series. Give it a try I say.

8 outta 10 - Gravity Elevators

Boom also has a couple more 4 issue mini's that are coming out and while I have no plans to buy them right now, I sure do hope someone forces me to read them.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 01:39:14 AM »

Issue #1 sold out and going to reprint, so if your shop has this, may want to think about grabbing it. Gonna re-sell well on Ebay, I think
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:20:36 AM »

Just finished reading issue 1.

Your right, this was a good read.  Nice tension and though the end was predictable, it left me wanting to know what is really going on.  I'm adding this to my pull.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »

3 more issues. Not too much of a wallet hit  Cheesy And who knows, may be a good resell with issue 1 being a sell out. Although Boom is not printing huge amounts of overrun for Diamond to hold onto like Marvel or DC (or even Image does on the occasional issue 1) but that could also make the demand, and the value, go up
 Smiley

EDIT - And, Ha, that ending!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:19:32 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »

Have you picked up issue 2 yet?  Not a lot of action but more of a setup for the next issue where the action should start to rise.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »

Have you picked up issue 2 yet?  Not a lot of action but more of a setup for the next issue where the action should start to rise.

I got it but have not read it yet, but more set up? Darn. This thing is only 4 issues that doesn't bode well.  Undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS