HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 07:09:07 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aaron's Thor  (Read 4070 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 06, 2015, 01:06:32 AM »

Thor 1-25 by Aaron for $25 (not bad at all considering the 25th issue is a $5 book)

*sigh* you know I am taking the money I just got for selling these to buy these, right?  Cheesy

HERE

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 01:24:21 AM »

I'm starting to think you need an intervention!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 01:55:53 AM »

Shit....just after I bought the first trade....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 01:17:18 PM »

I'm starting to think you need an intervention!

Cheesy Cheesy

It's not that bad ... only about $220 or so. Yes, it is a lot in a short amount of time and yes the wife will be less than pleased for a time, but when you consider I would have spent at least most of that on the HC versions of runs that I no longer need to buy, I think I am still coming out on top. Or will when all is said and done. At least that is what I am going to say to her! Cheesy

But heck, honestly, the first HC for Aaron's Thor run, which I would have bought in a matter of months anyway, only covers the first 11 issues and it is going for $20 bucks at In Stock Trades (so that is already a big discount). I can only assume the second volume will be about the same, but if not, I just paid $5 more bucks to get his entire run, not just the first 11 issues. Now true, I no longer have the chance to place these on my book-shelves, display to others like I am and would continue to do with my Hardcovers, which is a sad point for me, but let's be honest ... I was just displaying them to make better use of them over the floppies anyway. And sure I could lend the HCs out to friends and family while with digital it is ... a tad bit trickier to do  Wink, but we all know we collect the darn things to reread ourselves when we fell like it more than we do it to share. Cheesy

And I will eventually slow, but man, giving up on a chance to get huge runs of comics for 1/4 or less of the cover price is just hard to pass up. Remember when DCBS use to offer pre-ordered issue #1's for only 75¢ and how hard it was not to just jump on an issue for that price, even though you had no desire to do so before (or were you with DCBS back then?), well this is kinda the same thing just on a bigger scale.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS