HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:24:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ComiXology Disappears From Web On February 17th?  (Read 3647 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: February 04, 2022, 12:49:57 PM »

borrowed from Bleeding Cool

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comixology-disappears-from-web-on-february-17th-app-amazon-only/
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 12:34:21 AM »

Ugh. I’m dreading this change.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 03:50:57 AM »

I just worry about not having as good as deals again...

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2022, 03:07:09 PM »

We’ll it’s here today.  And it sucks.  It’s basically the Kindle app.  I’m still working through the things in the app I used.  I’m hopeful they will fix things as we go but the launch is not good.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2022, 03:39:26 PM »

Ok, I have the library cleaned up (sort of).  It basically has everything in it. Including everything you had previously archived. That’s over 3000 comic books. The app did update the bulk of them as “read “so you could filter them with unread. But they were still around 300 listed even though the bulk of them were already read an archived.  I managed to go through them all and mark the ones I had finished as read. Now when I filter my unread I only see the true books I have not read yet.

I guess the true test will be when I start reading books here. Wasn’t planning on that till next week but I may read a couple just to see how the experience is.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 01:05:38 AM »

I was really unhappy that I had lost my Wish List, but it looks like the migration was just taking awhile because it finally appeared in the Amazon Wish List section this afternoon.

After playing around with it - it is quite different from the ComiXology one - I have found that it is MORE customizable than the old one I'm used to.  That is actually a big plus.

The Subscription section has finally appeared as well.  Although it is really hard to find at first.  It is under your Amazon Account within the Digital Subscription section - which used to be only for managing your Subscriptions such as Amazon Prime, Amazon Music, ComiXology account, etc.  Now your comics are thrown in there with them which is a little odd.  But they are there and you can cancel them from there if you want to.

So the experience is getting better already and in the end it might not be as bad as it was right off the bat.

Still haven't used the app to read anything yet which is the real test but my expectations are much better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS