HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:13:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Marvel U  (Read 16482 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 28, 2015, 01:59:43 AM »

Man. That six month lag killed me more than I thought would.  I'm picking back up with Savage Wolverine, Captain America, Secret Avengers, Wolverine and the X-Men, Superior Spider-Man, Hawkeye, and Dare Devil.  I didn't realize how much I've been missing my Marvel books!  Picking up those Secret Wars issues at the LCS is what reminded me.  My library is up to about 100 issues now.  Going to be a great summer!

My only complaint is I have to read these on my iPhone.  I don't mind it most of the time but if I'm going to keep this pace up I need a bigger screen.  Looks like I'm saving up for that iPad.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 02:01:44 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »

Eh, I don't mind reading on my computer. If I get goofy, I switch the horizontal, and flip the monitor so my 26" screen is one huge comic page. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »

I don't think my wife will let my carry that monitor to bed with me.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »

Man. That six month lag killed me more than I thought would.

Yeah, one of the reasons I could just never pull the trigger. being a week or so behind, or even two or three months behind is one thing, but half a year is just ... a long time. I haven't even checked the new reader Jimmy was talking about. I am scared it will pull me in and then I would spend the money getting the MU sub and then waste it not wanting to wait to read all the books.
 Grin

Sad

My only complaint is I have to read these on my iPhone.  I don't mind it most of the time but if I'm going to keep this pace up I need a bigger screen.  Looks like I'm saving up for that iPad.

Or save around $300 bucks and get you a nice Samsung Android Tablet  Wink Then you could read on the bigger screen faster.
 Cheesy

Eh, I don't mind reading on my computer.

Me neither. Normally. But I will say I do wait on reading a lot of comics now until I am in bed with the tablet. It is just so much more comfortable/easier to put my bed in anti-grav mode and prop the tablet on my leg. So in the evening, if I want to read something, I tend to just wait until bedtime now.
 Smiley

If I get goofy, I switch the horizontal, and flip the monitor so my 26" screen is one huge comic page. Cheesy

Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:47:55 AM »

the six month gap is tough to get over but once you do it works great.  I still pick up about $50 a month at the shop but everything else is -6mo.  I read AXIS off the rack and now I'm catching up with the minis and Magneto etc.  its a bit weird but saving me a ton of $$$ and fewer storage issues.

I mostly read on my HP TouchPad that I ported Android onto when they shut down WebOS (one of the best mobile O/Ss, way ahead of its time, too bad HP blew that one).  Not a fan of reading on my phone as I really like full page mode so it feels more like reading a comic and I can enjoy the full page structure and panel to panel progression.  I don't mind reading on the PC but prefer the mobility of the tablet and the ability to hold it in your hands...again making it still feel like a book.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 06:17:28 PM »

So I finally got M.U.
Well, for a month at least.  Grin
Got a free month.

And if you aren't currently getting MU by subscription, you can get your free month as well. Use the code RAND for a free month of M.U
(Thanks to BC for the info drop)

Off now to test the current Viewer
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »

Undecided
Already not liking this Marvel viewer.
 Undecided

Now I have not tried it on my tablet, but reading on my 'puter I have noticed at least three instances of dialog and text being cropped out of "guided view". Just for one example, reading Uncanny Avengers ... damn I forgot what number ... the one they just put up recently ... (#14?) ... well anyway, in guided view, there is a seen where rogue says to Deadpool
"Bleeding"
and I was like, what? Well if you span it out you can see that she actually says
"You're nose is bleeding"
There are other examples, in that issue, where guided view fails on the computer, and that is an issue for me, considering this is a 'new' book. I can understand if it was an older Marvel issue and the comic has not been edited or formatted correctly, but a new book?

And again, I have yet to try on my tablet, so I realize my issue is not a huge one, but still, I like reading at my desk also.
 Angry

Damn I wish they would just use CrossGens C.O.W program. That digital stuff looked great and was so easy to read
 Cry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »

Now,no kidding, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!! For whatever reason, Uncanny Avengers always come through terribly on the viewer.

For me, I read on my 7" tablet, and I do a scrolling window when I have both hands free, and excepting the 2 page spread, everything works well for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »

I'm using my iPad which works great.  I even read it in full page mode so it's just like I have the comic in front of me.

But I agree - their PC experience is pretty dismal in general.  The webpage is awful.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 04:33:49 PM »

Cool!!
Will try it

Have to write them and ask them to remove the $9.99 they just charged me first  Angry

Although I think it was my fault. I didn't see a place to add the code for the free month, so I went back and then forward on the web page again and I guess it thought I wanted two orders as it gave me the free month and then charged me for another.
 Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 11:32:16 AM »

Okay, well I did it. In celebration of Jeff being released from the hospital (but then the dude went and got a recall so he never left, didn't quite make it out yet Undecided), I went ahead and jumped back into the MU. Signed up for my yearly go around this time and currently under my seven day trail, even though I had one already ... maybe this time as I am yearly they gave me another?

First thing I did was pop Daredevil in my downloads, so I can read that puppy offline, and now I have to think of what titles I want to hit up along with him.

I still am going to struggle not buying a few titles like Thor and Dr. Strange and man, I don't know about Empyre, but I am going to try and wait for that ... even though I may get spoiled in reading Thor and Dr. Strange. Ha

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 12:04:57 AM »

So starting today, Marvel will now have a mere 3 months delay from print to MU!!!

Yep, no more waiting 6 months to read those books you see on the shelves on Wednesday, but now you only have to wait 3 freaking months!!!

HOT DAMN!!!!

Of course now DC will seem like forever again as they are 6 months
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 03:12:46 AM »

That was as great email to get! What's 3 months? Nothing! That's how I always used to do it!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 09:39:27 AM »

That was as great email to get! What's 3 months? Nothing! That's how I always used to do it!

Cheesy
Didn't see it in my email.
I need to check that thing more often
 Cheesy

EDIT - hey my man, did Marvel send the email? I just looked and don't see anything about it ... at least not from Marvel or Marvel Entertainment (Insider). Just wondering if I missed it totally (like didn't get what I should've) or if it that I am not signed up for something I should be
 Grin
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:46:39 AM by Perry » Logged

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2020, 11:50:08 PM »

I never received an email either. just saw it online
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS