HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:34:24 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Magneto 1-8  (Read 5837 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: March 09, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »

Hmm...a great character study. It's always fun to ride along with a fully realized character to see their motivations and goals, even if they fall on the other side of the fence. Cullen Bunn even addresses all those facets to the character here quite well.

However...I'm not sure what made the character jump offsides like this, compared to how he was acting alongside Scott in 'Uncanny X-men.' I know he was getting cranky at Scott, then Erik went to Madripoor on his own, got super-pissed at the mutants there and the MGH sales, then he got his solo series here-where he is off and killing in sprees wherever he goes.

I can ignore that, I guess, because its Marvel, and they reset their characters to wherever they want as its needed.

LIke I said, good read. The art is fine. Style is maintained, and he does well to maintain a mood, or highlight a past violence in a fashion that makes it jarring to the current time, and to that character as well. However, I'm not floored by the style, I find it okay, nothing visually wrong, but nothing that draws me to the book, or would make me want to spend money on it, in all honesty.

That's my take. On to Loki!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »

I like this series and thanks for reminding me to check where I left off on the floppies.  My unread issues should be coming up soon on MU.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:17:44 PM »

Heard this was pretty good

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:06:56 PM »

this has been a great read so far thou its now up to the tie in with AXIS so who knows where it will go but so far so good.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »

Is this still pretty good? Should I jump in?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 01:20:08 AM »

With actual money to comixology or something? No.

it's fine to read, but there isn't enough art wise, or with amazing character analysis that we haven't seen before, to make me spend money on these issues with individual pricing.

I DO enjoy reading it through Unlimited. But I wouldn't trade this, or hunt for it on ebay-unless you can lots of this for quarters on the dollar.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 12:08:58 AM »

Damn, I totally forgot about this.

Thanks, Jimmy. I will avoid.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS