HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:48:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southern Cross  (Read 3249 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 23, 2015, 01:29:11 PM »

Issue #3

Wow, the art hit me hard at first, but then settled in and I didn't notice as badly as I did at first. I kinda remember that happening with issue #1 but not with issue #2 as I read them so close together, I guess the art style didn't have a chance to get out of my mind and I was still adapted to it. But yeah, at first it was jarring.

Also need to read a recap. I was kinda lost with the first couple pages as I had forgotten what had happened at the end of issue #2, so between the art and that lost feeling, I was not loving this issue for the first 2 or 3 pages.

After that it settled in, but I was still not blown away by this issue. It moved the story forward like it should, but while I was originally very interested in what was going on with the missing people, her sister included, this issue didn't really pull on those strings as much. Hoping issue 4 turns this around. I will have to remember to look at this issue about 3 minutes prior to reading the next so my eyes can adjust to this art once more.
 Cheesy

6 outta 10 -  weird haircuts (just a dead even average comic all around. Nothing glaring either way. Just here.)
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 02:56:59 PM »

I felt the same way Perry.  Not sure why since I read the first three back to back.   Grin

Still curious about the missing sister and the Captain is a strange one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 09:08:45 PM »

That Captain is strange as hell.  Cheesy Don't trust him at all.

I want more info about the space-drive they are using. That is
where they showed her sister before, right?

And maybe the art was just sloppier in this issue then. I didn't notice it being so ... rushed looking before. I know it wasn't the best, but it didn't hit me as bad or rough for me last time either, so I don't know what's up.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS