HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:09:28 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can I have ...  (Read 3673 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 20, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »

Can I have any less interest in Spider-Gwen and Silk? No. No, I don't think I can have any less interest in these two characters. I think I care more for Triathlon than I do these two characters and I couldn't care less about him.
 Grin

I don't "hate" these characters, as much as any fanboy hates a fictional hero, but I honestly just don't care about them.

Thinking more about it, I do hate Triathlon, so I at least have some feelings toward that character. But Silk? Spider-Gwen? Pfftt. Nothing to me

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:17:34 AM »

Right there with ya Perry. Marvel kept trying to tell people that Silk was a hot item that 'fans demanded!'

No one is demanding this book. I would put money down that it's done within a year, year and a half.  In fact, I'd be curious if by issue 6 if it still had over 35K readers.

Spider-Gwen? A silly novelty, a 'kewl' looking costume, but an Elseworlds character that is enjoying a hot limelight.

This one I won't fault it quite as much, as I loved Spidey 2099 back in the day, and all 115 issues of Spider-girl.

But, like with the Superman syndrome, and as of recent years, Hulk; having too many derivatives of the same makes the original less special. Or, at least devalues the original in comparison.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 11:54:02 AM »

But, like with the Superman syndrome, and as of recent years, Hulk; having too many derivatives of the same makes the original less special. Or, at least devalues the original in comparison.

Speaking of a lot of Hulks, I can't wait for Planet Hulk #1 to hit your MU list, Jimmy. HA, damn. It had one scene (or a part I suppose) that made no damn sense at all. (but kinda made me happy at the same time ... remind me when you do read it)

The book is pretty bad (One thing about Stan Humphries is when he is on he is on, but man can he be off a lot  Grin), but it still had some very cool stuff. Well, just because I like alternate world stories. Find it cool to see those. I mean Cap and Devil Dinosaur? HA love it.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS