HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:29:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - April 22, 2015  (Read 6638 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 22, 2015, 09:37:37 PM »

Shipping this week!! Woo Hoo!

MARVEL COMICS   

Darth Vader #4   

VALIANT COMICS

Ivar Timewalker #4
Ninjak #2

DC COMICS

Convergence #0
Convergence Superboy & The Legion #1
Earth 2 Worlds End #26
New 52 Futures End #48

IMAGE/INDEPENDENT COMICS

Black Science #13
Chrononauts #2
Copperhead #6
Descender #2
Epochalypse #5
Fade Out #5
Invisible Republic #2
Jupiters Circle #1
Nameless #3
Postal #3
Southern Bastards #8
Velvet #10
Walking Dead #140

TRADE PAPER BACKS         

Men of Wrath TP    

Might pick up at the LCS   

Empire Uprising (2015 IDW) #1 - depends on if this is a new story or reprint   

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »

In my queue ...

Star Wars #4

Damn, I hope they have a big enough box.  Cheesy

I do remember when my DCBS orders were so big that they use to come in those large Diamond shipping boxes. Now they come in a flat envelope.  Cheesy Still wrapped in cardboard to protect them, but going from a microwave sized box to an envelope is just funny.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »

Well I picked up these two while at the LCS yesterday (damn you Perry!!  Ha, ha)

Southern Cross 1
Southern Cross 2

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »

Uh-Oh, I hope you read my response to you yesterday before you bought them. Worried now.  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »

Uh-Oh, I hope you read my response to you yesterday before you bought them. Worried now.  Undecided

I did and I'm more forgiving on art for these creator owned comics for some reason.  Probably because I haven't seen these characters drawn by a different artist.  But I flipped through them before buying and the art looked fine.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 02:39:12 PM »

I did and I'm more forgiving on art for these creator owned comics for some reason.  Probably because I haven't seen these characters drawn by a different artist.  But I flipped through them before buying and the art looked fine.

Okay, cool. That eases my mind then.  Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 03:43:29 PM »

Might pick up at the LCS   

Empire Uprising (2015 IDW) #1 - depends on if this is a new story or reprint   

I found out some info on this for you, Jeff, if you still need it. This is kind of a re-print  Grin This is the continuation from the original series back from 10 years ago. That series ran from issues 1-6 (as you know) and this one would be like issue #7. However, this was put out about a year ago in digital format, so yes, kinda, it is a reprint, but if you didn't read the digital one that came out, this issue will just be like issue 7, continuing from the cliff hanger in issue 6 ... that happened 10 years ago.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2015, 06:08:18 PM »

Ah ha!  Ok cool.  I picked it up at the LCS.  I haven't read the digital only comic so it will be all new to me.  Loved the first series.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »

Ah ha!  Ok cool.  I picked it up at the LCS.  I haven't read the digital only comic so it will be all new to me.  Loved the first series.

I as well. Good stuff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS