HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:23:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CONVERGENCE  (Read 18609 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 01:47:43 PM »

So, it ended. Little fanfare, but to me, the big universe stuff of it almost seems to be more impactful in the Justice League series than in this.

Knowing what I know now...I probably would have passed on all this. All of it.

OH shit, lets be honest. I knew this before. Wink
I was just hoping that a thing or two might surprise me and really make me happy that they did it.

OH well.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »

Other than a few of the side titles that I found really good (Shazam for one), I have to agree.

Of course I didn't read everything, only the issues I thought I would be interested in, but most of those also disappointed. I would say of the 40 titles, I tried about half. I ended up really, really liking about 3 and found about 4 or 5 pretty darn good to at least worth the read. The other 13 or so that I tried at least an issue of, did little to nothing for me or just totally sucked ass. Stand up Titans. I'm talking to you.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2015, 02:56:20 PM »

I missed out on the second Crime Syndicate issue, but the first was great.

I liked seeing Superman's son being born.

Green Arrow was actually really good, too.

Justice League of America (Detroit) made me want to see this team in actual action!

Aquaman was good. Very good.

Action Comics was a fun little read, but nothing amazing to it.

Umm......yeah? That it? Maybe. I skipped the second Adventures of Superman (pre COIEE Superman and Supergirl in Phantom zone), Man of Steel was bad with Steel, Flash against Tagent Superman was blah, and I missed the second Speed Force issue. (Well, maybe saying I "missed it" is strong wording. Wink

That was enough for me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2015, 03:02:37 PM »

Justice League of America (Detroit) made me want to see this team in actual action!

Didn't try that one as I lived through that incarnation back in the mid 80's.

Aquaman was good. Very good.

Yep. Very Yep.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 06:45:39 PM »

I enjoyed the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold issues.  Also the Justice Society one was fun only because I got to see those characters again and it was an interesting twist what happened to them when they lost their powers under the dome.  I liked the Shazam issues and the Batman and the Outsiders ones.  New Teen Titans was ok but mainly because I liked seeing Nightwing and Starfire together like in my youth.  I will not speak of Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes except to say I haven't read issue 2 yet as it just arrived yesterday (and I'm not looking forward to it).

All this really did was make me miss my old universe.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2015, 02:16:10 PM »

Jeff, you are too right. I forgot about Booster Gold. The guy...I love how this nobody became such a fan fixture of favortism!!

It's really weird to see how he's changed, now that
He's Waverider II. See, I loved the original incarnation of Waverider. Loved the issue where Waverider tries to prevent a terrible accident from occurring, and all it does is create Matthew Ryder's normal life to then become one of the Linear Men. Time Travel! Vanishing Point! The weekly series 52, killing the original Waverider! Skeets going evil! Supernova is Booster doubling back on his time line! Then it's his ancestor Daniel Carter! Man, I loved those angles.

And now that Booster is Waverider II, with all the knowledge of a pre-Flashpoint Booster Gold? I call that cool. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:18:57 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2015, 06:20:54 PM »

Holy cow! Did you guys read into both the Titans and Lois & Clark interviews?

The Titans news being that the past Wolfman/Perez Titans history will somehow be incorporated into this Prime Earth history and that

THAT!!!-

-that Lois and Clark is the pre-FP Lois and Clark living on the current world this entire time!!! WHAT?!! HUh??

Didn't all this kind of stuff screw up their multiverse leading up to COIIE in '85? Can they hold things together and make it make sense?

In any case, I hope I've found my Superman!!! Red trunks and all!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS