HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:36:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loki: Agent of Asgard  (Read 6657 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: April 07, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »

This gets my uber thumbs up as well!!!

Much like Superior Foes, Loki is a different type of comic; it comes from a mold far removed from our super hero trope book. So enjoyable, with more than a few heart wrenching moments, and the feelings that come from the characters are real and realized. It's only been 6 issues on Unlimited, but worth each frame of reading.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »

I've been wanting to read this.  Glad to hear its good and I will add it to My Library.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »

Ya know, funny thing ... as much as a huge Thor fan that I am, I have never been interested in any Loki series. I am not sure why as I really like the character when he is Thor's foil, but ... heck ... I think I may have just answered my question. Maybe I just see him as that and have limited myself. Been pigeonholing the character into just a Thor contrarian.

Hmmm

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:11:58 PM »

My exact thoughts too, Perry.

However...well, I wish I had a college level thesis to give you to right now on how villains of fleshed out natures resonate so well, or how understood motivations make them shine, but I'm just gonna finish with 'this book is damned interesting. And for that, I'll read a Loki book!"

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:11 PM »

been enjoying this too via MCU.  i started reading it after the most recent (great) Young Avengers title wrapped which included the young Loki.  that series was a lot of fun if you havent read it, give it a shot.  But lkoi in that book was a great read and since the new book follows along those lines i have found it enjopyable.

thats the best (and worst) thing about MCU...all titels are available eventually and i end up reading books i really didnt have any interest in but am enjoying now...Loki and Young Avenger among those...the new ghost rider is one that i have been reading but dont really understand why as it not all that good...but its there and i started sop i may just see it to the end.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »

I think I'm buying this in trades.

Al Ewing and Lee Garbett did something really amazing by being to write a solo Loki title to give the character such charisma, such life, all the while keeping up with the multiple lies, angles, and tricks that signify everything about this character.

So wonderful. I loved it. Truly loved. What an end.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 07:44:51 PM »

For some reason I deleted this from MU without reading it.  Sounds like I need to add it back in so I can read it in...oh...2025.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 11:59:25 PM »

just read the last issue and that was a really nice ending with some interesting revelation about his nature.  Here's to new beginnings Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS