HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:15:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rate the DC movies  (Read 5135 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »

Now, just like we did with the Marvel movies (with Blade), we are starting this list with the first good movie based on the DC universe. Yes, the list should start with the Batman movie, the one based on the tv show (not that it was bad, but it is not what I would call a movie as much as an extended TV episode), but we are going to start with Superman, the first true DC based movie.

Also note that the Donner edition of Superman 2 counts as Superman 2, pick whichever one you want, but don't use both.  Wink
Crap ... dinner is ready. I be back to finish putting mine in order (I got the last ones almost set  Grin). But go ahead if I'm not back yet. And let me know if I missed any (we are not doing animated)

01 - The Dark Knight
02 - Batman Begins
03 - Superman   
04 - Batman
05 - Man of Steel
06 - Superman II (Donner cut)
07 - Batman Returns
08 - The Dark Knight Rises
09 - Superman Returns
10 - Batman Forever
11 - Watchmen
12 - Superman III
13 - Batman & Robin   
14 - Green Lantern
15 - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
16 - Swamp Thing
17 - Supergirl
18 - Steel
19 - The Return of Swamp Thing
20 - Jonah Hex
21 - Catwoman   

Catwoman ... yeah ...
 Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:01:54 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:40:55 AM »

I added V for Vendetta into this. I figured, why not?

01 (03 - Superman  
02 (04 - Batman
03 (01 - The Dark Knight
04 (02 - Batman Begins
05 (09 - Superman Returns
06 (07 - Batman Returns
07 (08 - The Dark Knight Rises
08 (05 - Man of Steel
09 (14 - Green Lantern
10 (**-  V for Vendetta
11 (06 - Superman II (Donner cut)
12 (11 - Watchmen
13 (10 - Batman Forever
14 (12 - Superman III
15 (15- Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
16 (16- Swamp Thing
17 (19 - The Return of Swamp Thing
18 (17 - Supergirl
19 (18 - Steel
20 (13 - Batman & Robin  
21 (20 - Jonah Hex
22 (21 - Catwoman  

Also, I decided to keep Perry's picks in here, just to see how we matched up. To be honest, after my 12th pick, I'll NEVER rewatch any of those choices again. The last time I watched the Watchmen, it was ponderously slow and rather poor in my reviewing as well. That's a once only in a very long, long while.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:16:03 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:14:37 PM »

My only regret, and the one we have the biggest difference of opinion on, is that I could not move Batman and Robin down any further on my list.
 Cheesy
I am glad you were able to do so  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »

My only regret, and the one we have the biggest difference of opinion on, is that I could not move Batman and Robin down any further on my list.
 Cheesy
I am glad you were able to do so  Wink

lol yeah...somehow I came across this movie on vh1 or something at 11 at night. It stayed on (I was essentially almost asleep at that point), and while Steel and Supergirl are terrible movies; terrible movies just bad poorly and with little thought, B & R is flat out insulting, disgusting, and shameful. It's meant to be hid. I had to put it above Jonah Hex and Catwoman because I was never able to finish all of one (Hex) or even start one due to reading the plot (Catwoman-evil cosmetics mogul makes killing/mind control lipstick or some shit?!?!)

Now, this list of DC comics movies is pathetic. Apathetic. Weak. Awful. Terrible. The fact you really only want to watch the top 6-9 of this list is sad.

HOWEVER; let it be made realized that Iron Man was 2008. This has been a GREAT 6 years of comic movies by Marvel! What could this list be from 2016-2022 for DC movies?

I hope. I just really really hope.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »

Oh absolutely.

But I still have DC older animation movies if I want a good DC movie  Wink Most of those are just enjoyable as hell while Marvel's have always been just crap.

But yes, Marvel got the jump on DC movie wise, but I certainly want DC to shine in the future.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »

But I still have DC older animation movies if I want a good DC movie  Wink Most of those are just enjoyable as hell while Marvel's have always been just crap.

I just rewatched some months ago that short stories one; the dvd that had a Green Arrow airport rescue, the Spectre, Black Adam and Superman...what a cool video that was!!

Hmm...I may go pull out that Superman/Supergirl rescue one. I kinda dug that. Batman versus Red Hood..., Nathon Fillion Green Lantern one....I LOVE that Wonder Woman based off of Perez's post Crisis work too!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS