HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:01:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - March 18th 2015  (Read 5475 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 15, 2015, 04:37:58 PM »

Hitting my door Friday -

Batman #39
Grayson #8 (Last Issue)
Gotham By Midnight #4 (Last Issue)

All New Captain America #5
Angela Asgards Assassin #4
Ant-Man #3
Inhuman #12
Thor #6
Thor Annual #1
Uncanny Avengers #2
Princess Leia #1 (of 5)
Princess Leia #2 (of 5)
Star Wars #3
Darth Vader #2

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 04:32:06 PM »

Hmmm.  If your getting them Friday then I must be getting mine next week.  Woo Hoo!

Birthright TP Vol 01 Homecoming
Black Science #12 
Chrononauts #1
Descender #1
Earth 2 Worlds End #22
Earth 2 Worlds End #23
Earth 2 Worlds End #24
Grayson #8
Invisible Republic #1
Ivar Timewalker #1
Ivar Timewalker #3
Justice League United #10
Nameless #2
New 52 Futures End #44
New 52 Futures End #45 
New 52 Futures End #46
Postal #2 Cvr A Sejic
Princess Leia #1 (of 5)
Princess Leia #2 (of 5)
Secret Identities #2
Star Wars #3
Walking Dead #138

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »

Hey Jeff, have you read Nameless #1 yet?

That Futures End working for ya? Is it worth the read (I know I asked about the reading order. I still haven't started yet, just want to make sure it is worth starting in the first place)
 Cheesy

And is Black Science still really good? Dying to get it in HC

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 05:55:04 PM »

Black Science is such an interesting read. If you like the art of Sean Philips, you'll enjoy the look.

But it is a book that is meant for the long haul. The story is not protracted, it's just a story that takes a lot of time to explain, expound upon, and go through.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 06:08:54 PM »

Black Science is such an interesting read. If you like the art of Sean Philips, you'll enjoy the look.

But it is a book that is meant for the long haul. The story is not protracted, it's just a story that takes a lot of time to explain, expound upon, and go through.

Oh yeah, I did my usual "Image peek" on the title where I buy the first issue to see if I want to collected edition and I really enjoyed it (actually, I was so pumped for this I may have bought the first 2 or 3 issues  Cheesy) I do remember it was hard to stop buying it as I was wanting to find out more about the story and the teases had me hooked.

Still, for me, it is just much more enjoyable reading stories like this in the collected format so I forced myself to drop it from my pull, as hard as it was to do
 Cry

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 06:12:31 PM »

I will agree it's better with more work behind it to read. I've read the single issues and been like "So what? I mean...lets go!" but that's because I do like a monthly hook and grab with the final page(s). Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »

Yes.

That Futures End working for ya? Is it worth the read (I know I asked about the reading order. I still haven't started yet, just want to make sure it is worth starting in the first place)
 Cheesy

Great.  Yes.

Yes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 08:48:21 PM »

Ha Ha Ha.  Just messing with you.

Yes. And I agree with you it is Morrison weirdness but I like Morrison weirdness and am interested so far.  I could easily change my mind over the next two issues but for right now I liked it.

Cheesy

I have like Future's End a lot.  As great as its been though, I'm beginning to wonder if the final payoff will meet my expectations.  I'm staying positive though and as long as I get to see Fifty Sue raising chaos I'm good.

Yes, I am enjoying it also.  I will say though, that the past few issues would probably have read better in Collected.  I'm finding myself not remembering what happened last month and taking a bit to re-acclimate to the story.  Still love the story and art, but you will be fine reading this collectively.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:48:38 PM »

I sure hope that is you not having time to respond fully and not you being mad that I don't like the strapless, open-chest Wonder Woman
 Cheesy

What did you think of Nameless? EDIT - Okay, sweet. Glad it worked better for you than it did me. I just felt lost  Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:50:32 PM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:43 PM »

Ha Ha Ha.  Just messing with you.

HAHA, I knew it !!!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT - And thanks for the info!!!!  Cool
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:51:17 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS