HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:18:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC reading order?  (Read 3190 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 09, 2015, 08:12:40 PM »

Once I get through the last of my bags and kill my floppy ordering (with luck) I am thinking about tackling a reading order list. Read a bunch of old comics, in order, at least as far back as I can.

There is a good site dedicated to the reading order of Marvel found HERE (though obviously some of that "reading order" is arbitrary, depending on what title you want to read over another, but at times it pays off like when the editors refer to something in another title or if a story is continued.

Does DC have anything like this? I have looked for "dc reading order" and haven't found a site similar to the one above, but I did find THIS ONE and while it is or maybe helpful for at least the new52, it doesn't go back as far as I would like. I would like to find something that goes back to at least the Silver Age.

The Marvel one, that I have been watching for awhile now, is almost at the year 2000 after starting with the first issue of FF. Would love to find something from DC that goes back to ... say Justice League #1 or their first appearance in Brave and the Bold or, like I mentioned, the start of the Silver Age at Flash #123

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 01:14:40 AM »

wow...that's one tall order! Sorry, I don't have anything that conclusive. The best I could do would be after COIE, then I could tell you what issue Action Comics & Adventures of Superman to start, along with Detective. But that far back? Yah, no known source that I've ever tried looking for.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS