HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:14:26 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reading List  (Read 5249 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 31, 2015, 03:52:17 PM »

Now that I'm on MU I realized there were a lot of titles that I had dropped or skipped recently in order to keep my pull expenses down that I could now catch up on.  This is a great way to pass the time while I wait the six months for my regular titles to start showing up.

Currently I have in my queue and reading in publishing order:

Captain America - Rick Remender run
Dare Devil - Mark Waid run starting in 2013
Hawkeye - Matt Fraction run
Wolverine & the X-Men - Jason Aaron
Superior Spider-Man - complete run
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Cataclysm - Ultimate universe
Savage Wolverine
The X-Men - Marvel NOW! current run
Iron Fist Living Weapon - read first 4 issues and will keep reading as these are added
Nightcrawler
The Avengers - 1st run issues 181 - 187 : Wundagore story arc from 1979

I'll be creating seperate threads for each of these as I go.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:09:41 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 05:15:02 PM »

Hmm....for me, I regularly read (all current titles)

Daredevil
Iron Man
New X-men
Uncanny X-men
Avengers
New Avengers
Avengers World
Amazing Spider-man
Original Sin
Iron Fist
Amazing Spider-man (prior run, started at..oh...635 for kicks)
Cyclops

My personal library has Genis Vell Captain Marvel, Priest Black Panther (cuz I ALWAYS reread these), D'n'A GotG, and I just added some of the oldest first published Deadpool series just to see what that was like. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »

Well I don't see Exiles on anyone's list. What happened to that?
 Tongue

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:20:10 AM »

You finish Cap yet Jeff?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 01:50:29 AM »

You finish Cap yet Jeff?

Not yet.  I'm reading my titles in order of release date.  I'm currently reading Dare Devil, Hawkeye, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man and Wolverine and the X-Men simultaneously.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »

just read the most recent issue of All new ultimates, which has been pretty good since the last event (kitty saves NJ from Galactus...dont know as i did't read the event) but the art in this latest issue (Cool is absolutely horrendous...it looks like a 12yrs olds attempt at Manga...just real bad.  story wise...eh...really didnt make much sense but that could have been the arts fault.  horrible panel to panel progression that feels like there are important panels missing.  they fight the Femme force but they all look like guys.  spider-mans mask is a different color than the rest of the costume just really bad art all the way around.

i am not suggesting reading this but if you would like to see how far the Ultimates have fallen take a quick look but wear protective eye gear for your own safety Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS