HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:01:01 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question  (Read 5189 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 25, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »

Hey guys, still not close to joining MU, unless they fixed the viewer/reader, but I have a question that may help me feel good about joining when I do join.

Does the MU automatically put issues on your list? I mean does it have a "pull system" for when books you are subscribed to automatically get put in your queue? And heck, is there a subscription type of system to begin with? Is it all on you to add to your list, in other words?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:30:14 PM »

No, nothing automatic.

You have a library where you can add titles/issues to be read. For stuff I read long in the past, I add the title, read three or four, then add the next issue I would read back into the library.

I used to hold onto the latest 'released' issue in my library, so I wouldn't forget what I was reading. However, they do email you weekly about what is being released, and it has its own page. For me, I just refer to that page and read all the new releases I like within that week.

But, no pull list, per se.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »

However, they do email you weekly about what is being released, and it has its own page. For me, I just refer to that page and read all the new releases I like within that week.

But, no pull list, per se.

Okay, well that's pretty close. At least it reminds ya.  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 09:11:17 PM »

Yeah it's still not perfect and the App reader works way better than then the web site.  But they are getting there.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 02:28:31 AM »

Agreed on the app reader. However, the website has been doing a rather good job as of late.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 09:23:53 AM »

I think if I had a tablet, maybe I would be more inclined to use the App, but I just can't read comics on my phone. For one my eyes are like shit, so I have trouble seeing. For two, I want my panels to be large (one of the reasons I like reading digital. On my 21" monitor those pages look awesome).

Now I would use my phone to read comics like Marvel's original Invaders, but only because it has that Frank Robbins art (ewww). I would have trouble seeing the art, so that would be a benefit.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS