HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:45:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FLASH  (Read 10588 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 09, 2015, 12:58:46 AM »

So I haven't picked Cosmic Odyssey back up yet, but I did get through a few more issues of Waid's FLASH. I'm up to issue 74 now (Flash vol2), the issue right after Barry returns (or seemingly so), and he (Barry), Jay Garrick and Wally are standing outside when the Pied Piper, with long hair, strolls around. Barry jumps after him but Wally stops Barry by telling him that he and the Piper are friends now.

When did that happen? I started this Flash at the beginning of Waid's run, issue 62 and it didn't happen with Waid (Unless I really missed it) so I guess it was earlier. I can't find anything on it. Was it earlier in the Wally Flash issues written by Messner-Loebs or was it prior to Wally getting this series? If anyone knows that is.
 Smiley

EDIT - I went to the Comicbook Database to perhaps get a clue in one of the issue's titles and I don't see anything that would be a clue to being when Piper made the switch. However, I do see what looks to be Piper's head on the cover of issue #31 ... again ... in this volume two of FLASH ... but not sure if:
A- It is indeed him
B- He is already a friend with Wally here
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:03:43 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 08:27:36 PM »

MASSIVE Flash sale at Comixology. All Flash comics 99¢ each.

74 issues from 1959-1985
248 issues from 1987-2009 (The Barry Allen series)
45 issues of the Nu52 stuff
Plus more ...

Check it out HERE and bring lots of cash  Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:39:36 PM »

Awesome!  I stopped at issue 35 when I did my big pull cut.  Now I picked up 36 - 38 for $3!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:27:55 PM »

Oh! I may...I think I may, actually! The Trial of the Flash, and for whatever reason, I kinda want COIE! I don't have that in trade either!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 02:54:33 AM »

Getting everything I can from Waids run as I really want to try and figure out the Speed Force.  Grin

Of course Johns and Kolins run (rogue stuff and Zoom) is a must have.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »

So, I bought the Trial of the Flash. Gotta reserver getting COIE in actual trade format.

However....there's nothing that downloads to my computer? I've just bought digital comics that I can only read through an online interface?

Bummer. Sad

I've NEVER used comixology, so I didn't know what it was going to be. I'm not mad, but it still feels like I didn't buy anything either! lol

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »

However...even as I mull this over...I'm almost near the mind that "hey, I don't want to pay $4-3.99 for a Marvel/DC comic that is okay...but 0.99 for one that is digital, I read it when it comes out, and well, I don't have to store it or care about it?

It was like a flip switched in my brain and something from deep inside, in a dark corner shouted 'YES!' so, we'll see where I go from here. Cool

I'm all over the place!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 04:27:24 PM »

So, I bought the Trial of the Flash. Gotta reserver getting COIE in actual trade format.

However....there's nothing that downloads to my computer? I've just bought digital comics that I can only read through an online interface?

Bummer. Sad

I've NEVER used comixology, so I didn't know what it was going to be. I'm not mad, but it still feels like I didn't buy anything either! lol

You should be able to read on your computer, but no, they do not send you the file or anything. I think Image does. NOT Image comics bought on Comixology, but Image comics bought from Imagecomics.com ... but I'm not 100% sure of that actually

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 08:08:50 PM »

However...even as I mull this over...I'm almost near the mind that "hey, I don't want to pay $4-3.99 for a Marvel/DC comic that is okay...but 0.99 for one that is digital, I read it when it comes out, and well, I don't have to store it or care about it?

It was like a flip switched in my brain and something from deep inside, in a dark corner shouted 'YES!' so, we'll see where I go from here. Cool

I'm all over the place!!

Yes - the 99 cent sale is what flipped the switch in my head too.  Of course, I now have a ton of comics sitting on Comixology that I haven't had time to read - much like my floppy copies.   Cheesy

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 09:01:06 PM »

Hey as soon as recent release digital comes down to the price it should be (about $1 after one month from the release date of the floppy) I will be all over it, but I aint paying full price for digital when I can get the physical for 40-50% off (or even 35-35% after shipping).

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »

Hey as soon as recent release digital comes down to the price it should be (about $1 after one month from the release date of the floppy) I will be all over it, but I aint paying full price for digital when I can get the physical for 40-50% off (or even 35-35% after shipping).

Damn'ed straight.

I went and double checked after I posted what 'subscriptions' cost there. No WAY I'd pay full newstand price for a digital pixel at the same rate. No way no how.

But, I could see one day being a month behind? Like, after issue 13 is out, 12 drops to $1? since next month's issue is out? I'd be all over that!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »

But, I could see one day being a month behind? Like, after issue 13 is out, 12 drops to $1? since next month's issue is out? I'd be all over that!!!

And me right there with ya. Especially when I wait about a month on some titles as it is now. Getting my books shipped the third week of each month means that whatever books come out that 4th (or 5th) week I won't see for a month at any rate. Hell at BEST I have to wait 2 days to read whatever JUST came out and one or two weeks for the rest of my books, paying a mere $1 for a book that is a month behind is perfect for me
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »

I could easily be on board for that too.  A one month wait?  Easy.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 08:45:53 PM »

DC access top ten rouge moments.
(Spoilers... obviously)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS