HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:15:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET WARS & THE FUTURE  (Read 34614 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2015, 07:23:45 PM »

Grin

Okay, yes, that was it.

I just thought that was awesome ... in a very creepy and sad way.  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »

Issue 4

Did I see that right?Huh?

Did Doom kill Dr Strange?Huh

blasted the hell outta him !! He was like RAID and Strange was the Cockroach. Cheesy No one goes against the will of Doom  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »

Aaaaand I just got issue #1 on Unlimited today. Cool

Just felt like a bookend to either of the Avengers/New Avengers titles.

Hickman is only hampered in his story by needing to have an artist actually have to draw it, which does take more than the 30 days most times. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 02:04:13 PM »

#2-this is more of what I wanted from the first issue. The first issue was fine, but it was just an extended ending of Avengers #30 (or whatever the last issue of that volume was). Yes, it was cool. Yes, it was the culmination of this Hickman run. I liked it....but I don't think I would have liked it $3.99 and wait a month for something to really happen liked it. Cool

that said...

I liked the mystery of the old downed Secret Wars ship, showing how this world is so much more than everyone believes (and who really believes it in entirety? Not everyone! The Elseworlds telling of this world was done very well, in just this single issue that I truly, honestly, really, entirely enjoyed it! It made me want to know more of everything that is going on, so kudos to Hickman's reaching story.

The Corps of Thors, the telling of Doom's control and of the varied lands out there and barons and lords, all so very cool. So, I'm definitely on board with reading this!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2015, 06:37:27 PM »

Great F'n event, Jimmy. Like I've stated, one of the best, if not THE best Marvel event ever. Timing has screwed that idea for many, as had this puppy been on time it would have blown the event chart out of the water, but it is still a fantastic series and time will eventually agree with that.
 Smiley

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »

After reading issue #8, I am wondering why this series was extended to nine issues. I mean, yes there was a couple cool things that happened, and I guess (hope) they just couldn't have been included in the last issue due to the size and scope of issue 9, which by now has to be so important to the "New" Marvel that they just couldn't fit the events of issue 8 into issue 9.

I doubt that to be the case, however.

Kinda feeling ... not disappointed, but not as "wowed" by this series as I had hoped for. It is still a great idea and I am hoping to start seeing some fallout of this damn thing in my Marvel books ... soon? ... but as of yet, I have seen nothing in current Marvel that this "event" had any impact on. Nothing is really that "different" (I mean in story, I realize nothing will ever be "different" in the big two), nothing is like "Ohhhh, that is because of what happened in Secret Wars". And that sucks.

Of course the "event" is not yet over and Marvel is holding a few new titles back and I can only hope that is due to what happens in issue 9, because as of now, eh. Yes, my titles are set 8 months in the future now and yes, some titles are "different" than they were prior to Secret Wars, but not different BECAUSE of Secret Wars. At least not that I can tell.

But that is another bitch, this was suppose to be about Secret Wars ...

I know when this is collected and after a set amount of time, I will look fondly on this event. Well, I hope I will. But I need something big to happen in issue 9. Something. Don't I? Or is this just gonna be an event like "Fear Itself"? Not as awful obviously, that can't be done, but just as non-impactful. Easily forgotten. An event that changes nothing is not an event, it is just a story. Hope this is not what we have here.
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2016, 01:43:04 AM »

I'm processing the last issue now.

I just like it that it essentially ended as the greatest FF story.

Which just continued out of Hickman's run. Which was running off of Millar's run.

Is Hickman the greatest FF fan ever? That's what I'm thinking now.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS