HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 03:54:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SECRET WARS & THE FUTURE  (Read 34622 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2015, 01:29:35 PM »

Inhumans - Attilan Rising

SAND HULKS !!!!!!

More later!  Cheesy

Edit-

Okay, this was another good issue of this new world, though sometimes Soule's writing just leaves me a little less than enamored. I love his plotting and his idea's and sometimes he can write very well, but there are times I just ask myself "is this the best he could have done?". He uses dialog to get us where we need to be, but sometimes I think it comes across as too 70'sish and just brings the flow down. Still, I usually like where he leaves me by the end of each issue so I forgive him most of the times. It is just weird sometimes is all.

Anyway, I love the idea of freaking Sand Hulks. I have no idea if that is original or not, but it is very cool. That just made this issue for me. They are like land mines placed around Greenland (Not the "Greenland" but Hulks Green Land, essentially all the Hulk's huge area or zone. where they live) that suddenly pop up to break all Hulk on any intruders. Ha.

Yes, that is a spoiler for the issue, but damn it, it is cool.
 Grin

Also like how the royal family is shown here, as well as some other Marvel heroes that are part of a resistance group, At least in this zone.

7 outta 10 - Sand Hulks (of course!)  Grin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:28:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 06:17:07 PM »

Been reading more tie-ins and thinking on this series more and more ... came to the conclusion that if this series/event just holds par from here on out, this will be Marvels best event ever. Yes, ever. Better than Civil War which was just solid as hell and enjoyable to boot.

It is still early, it could still flop, but from the tight design of this thing to the way they are letting the other creators "play" this is just working. Usually a tie-in feels forced as hell. Usually they are,   Undecided, but this has such an open feel to the structure that the tie-ins don't feel at all pigeon-holed into the series, they are actually part of the series ... yet their own story as well.

A grand thing indeed.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2015, 02:04:14 PM »

Okay jeff, have you read issue #2 yet? What do you think about Johnny? I love it!! so damn freakin' wild to think about. Well, as for it being something that is only going to last four months or so  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:21 AM »

That a no?  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 02:43:07 AM »

I did but i'm drawing a blank on what your talking about.  Sounds like I need to pull it back out.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 03:13:32 AM »

Ok I pulled issue 2 back out but didn't see anything about Johnny (I assume you mean Johnny Storm).

Or is
he the new Thor they are inducting at the beginning?  Justice?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 05:02:53 AM »

Can't believe how late this story is running in solicits. Have you guys seen that?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 10:29:08 AM »

Ok I pulled issue 2 back out but didn't see anything about Johnny (I assume you mean Johnny Storm).

Or is
he the new Thor they are inducting at the beginning?  Justice?

Crap, I put the wrong issue up and didn't even notice it when I replied to my own screw up Angry Sorry man, that was suppose to be issue #3 !!!! My bad
 Undecided

Can't believe how late this story is running in solicits. Have you guys seen that?

Can't believe?  Wink Yeah, I seen it, sucks, and I'm left wondering why they pushed out two issues a month to start this thing off when this is the case, but as it could be related to what is going on with future titles and the fact it will take me that long to catch up on the tie-ins anyway .... Cheesy

Hell, it could be Esad Ribic got sick as hell and they didn't want to use a fill in. And as all this stuff ties so heavily together, maybe they are pushing everything back as plot point is revealed in the main book. Again, why they didn't account for this and just ship out the books monthly I have no idea.

They also pushed Bendis' last issue of X-Men 600 until after SW is over, when it is already done and ready to ship, so they must know something is playing into something that they want to sit on.

Who knows?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 02:17:46 PM »

Or is
he the new Thor they are inducting at the beginning?  Justice?

Crap, I put the wrong issue up and didn't even notice it when I replied to my own screw up Angry Sorry man, that was suppose to be issue #3 !!!! My bad
 Undecided

Ah ha!  I suspected that might be the case.  No I have not read it yet b/c I haven't received it.  It is in my next shipment (now shipping on the third week of the month).

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 03:02:07 PM »

CRAP !!!
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2015, 03:13:19 PM »

On the flip side, I think I'll get issue 3 & 4 in the same shipment!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2015, 03:16:18 PM »

Thought would be nice  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »

Issue 4

Did I see that right?Huh?

Did Doom kill Dr Strange?Huh

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »

Undecided

Crap, I can't look yet. I need to get it still.

But hey, did you ever reply to my question about how did you like what Doom did to Johnny Storm in issue 3?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »

Undecided

Crap, I can't look yet. I need to get it still.

But hey, did you ever reply to my question about how did you like what Doom did to Johnny Storm in issue 3?

I think I did but I can't really remember so here's what I thought....

Wow!  That was actually pretty cool.  Hickman really knows how to pull things out of no where.  I mean, the sun???

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS