HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:37:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Attn Home Owners  (Read 3276 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 31, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »

About a year and a half ago I bought a T-Wrench (The one you use to shut off the water main to your home) as I was going to use it for some project I was working on. I ended up not needing it and came very close to returning it and getting my $12 back.

Well, about 2 hours ago we had a pipe burst and the scene, while humorous now, was like something out of the Amityville Horror. Luckily, my lack of desire to get in the car for a measly $12 was rewarded, as I was able to use said wrench to stop the flow of blood ... umm ... water.

Needless to say, if you are a home owner, you could do a shit ton worse than spending $10 or so on a damn T-Wrench

Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 04:32:57 AM »

word.

sorry about your water issues, but that right there above is the straight truth.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:52:10 AM »

That almost scared me into driving out and buying one right now! lol

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 01:48:02 PM »

word.

sorry about your water issues, but that right there above is the straight truth.

Thanks, my man. Yeah was pretty damn happy I had that damn thing. Saved a lot of money in the long run  Grin

That almost scared me into driving out and buying one right now! lol

Grin
Well you should at least get one the next time you are at your local Lowes' or Depot.  Grin

Honestly, you can just use a set of pliers (tongue and groove work best), but that can be a pain in the ass with leverage and can cost you time. And time is something you don't want to waste in this situation Grin

But at least know where your cut-off is located and keep the area trimmed. No grass overgrowth. My wife use to hate that I use the Weed-Eater around our meter as it made a "spot in the yard". She damn sure admitted yesterday that it was a smart thing to do.
 Grin

Men - 1
Women - 984

Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS