HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:27:20 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agent Carter  (Read 8721 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 07, 2015, 08:44:30 PM »

Who else watched?

I really liked it.  Looking forward to the next few weeks.  I like the nod to Secret Warriors.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »

Was really well done. The humor is top notch and I love me some shows based on long-ago.  Wink Just love all the gadgets.

Hayley Atwell does a fine job, as we knew she would, but I'm really impressed with James D'Arcy's version of Jarvis. I knew he could act, but he is blowing this character out of the water.

Funny how the Captain in this (or whatever his title is ... Shea Whigham playing Roger Dooley) just got through playing a Sheriff in Boardwalk Empire, a show set in the 1920's and 30's ... it is like he moved out of Atlantic City, and now in the 1940's, he has a new job.
 Cheesy

And Jeff, with the nod to Secret Warriors, you mean
Leviathan
right or am I missing something else? Want to make sure I am not. HAHAHA

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:25:25 PM »

I really dug it too. I love the goofy sci-fi gadgets ala old Bond movies, Get Smart, that sort of thing.

Jarvis is fantastic. Love watching that guy in his role, and knowing that there is more to him than what's presented? Very cool. Smiley

I'll actually be fine with this being a 1 and done mini-series. But I'm very glad for the opportunity to visit these characters (probably in their last form) and see them continue on for a little bit with their own spotlight.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 06:49:40 PM »

Perry you nailed it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 02:10:38 AM »

Perry you nailed it.

Sweet
(Yet also sad. I wanted to know something fun I missed)  Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 02:54:01 PM »

Well here are "10 things" you MAY have missed (though if you missed all 10 ... well ...  Undecided

Most are pretty simple for us comic fans (IE: Jarvis) but some are fun and one that really went over my head was the cab company  Grin

Oh ... HERE

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

Now, I feel TOTALLY remiss in not doing any discussion of these eps! This show is fantastic! I have no real want to go and buy Agents of Shield and ever rewatch that, but Carter? I just might!

I dig the time period, Atwell is great as an underdog to the men of the late 40's and 50's, and it's a keen bridge from Captain America.

I had recently rewatched Winter Soldier 2 weeks ago...and it made me sad for how much of Peggy's life we won't see, or for the fact that she's essentially a goner. So, watching her life from once upon a time is very heartbreaking too!

Who wonders if the guy with the leg crutch is the one who turns out to be her future husband?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »

Who wonders if the guy with the leg crutch is the one who turns out to be her future husband?

I've wondered that too.  I'm a couple of episodes behind but I love the campy dialogue.  Did Winter Soldier give her husbands name or a picture?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 03:43:24 AM »

I've wondered that too.  I'm a couple of episodes behind but I love the campy dialogue.  Did Winter Soldier give her husbands name or a picture?

I don't believe so. Just that without Cap, who freed some Nazi/Hydra camp, her future husband would have never made it home.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 02:06:24 AM »

From a different thread, talking with Perry, my idea comes forward with this:

I hope to see other mini series done with Peggy in different eras.

All done in 6-8-10 parts.

We have fledgling SHIELD beginning. Dum Dum comes on as a regular director!

Peggy trying to get secrets or people into Korea.

Cold War espionage against more Black Widows, dealing with early lead up to Cuban Missile Crisis.

Involving a fledgling agent on the up and up ....Agent Fury, Nicholas J. Fury. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 02:13:26 AM »

I would be on that like white on rice (Not long grain or brown obviously  Grin)

Make it happen!!  Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 05:23:49 AM »

ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

This post calls for a Dancing Banana dude!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 11:17:29 AM »

This post calls for a Dancing Banana dude!!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 02:46:03 PM »

Sweet!  The wife will be thrilled as well!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS