HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:40:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Teen Titans Earth One  (Read 3541 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 06, 2014, 08:38:53 PM »

Hey Jejj,
I know at one point you were thinking about getting this, as I am, but I just heard a brief synopsis of this book and I want to make sure you know the skinny.

Like most books in the "Earth One" series, this is a re-imagining of the source material but in this one ... slight spoiler ahead but nothing major ...  in this one the "kids" are not nor have they ever been "side-kicks". That, to me, but a real different slant to the book as I feel what made the Titans good WAS that connection to their older representatives. Not entirely, but it was a huge aspect.

I am still gonna add this when I get enough HCs to order from In-Stock, but wanted to make sure you were aware of the gist before jumping in.

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 02:41:28 AM »

Thanks for the warning.  It's been sitting on my book shelf for a week now.   Cheesy   Cheesy   Cheesy

Still working through my reading list and will let you know when I get to it.  I agree - one of the things I liked was the connection as side kicks.  But knowing that will make it easier to let it go for this read.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS