HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:37:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dallas Cowboys  (Read 8034 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: October 13, 2014, 03:00:54 PM »

I am still stunned by yesterday's win over the Seahawks.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 04:26:37 AM »

On one hand~ewww, Dallas. To hell with Jerry's boys.

On the other hand~ to hell with Pete Carroll and anything he ever touches. Glad the 12th man got silenced, and the 'hawks looked poor.

So...well, if anything, Dallas still has plenty of time to collapse this season. So, a Seattle loss right now is sweet. Cheesy

How about the fake spike and last second win in Green Bay over Miami?

LOVED IT Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:43:50 PM »

How about the fake spike and last second win in Green Bay over Miami?

LOVED IT Grin

Especially since that was a classic Dan Marino play.  Great game.  A lot of good football this weekend.  I watched the Baylor vs TCU game on Saturday with a bunch of TCU fans.  They razzed me the whole game and then got real quiet when Baylor came back for the 61 - 58 win.  I loved it since (even though I didn't believe it) I kept telling them Baylor was going to win all through the 5 hour game.    Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 04:32:17 AM »

Good win for you boys, Jeff. And they covered the minus 5 for me also, so ....
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 04:41:03 AM »

I'm loving our rookie combo right now. Not looking forward to a Romo return.   Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 04:46:02 AM »

Well, Dak looked like a true rookie for most of the night, but that was a tough D, plus he settled in towards the end.

Tough call to make for sure.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 10:52:15 AM »

I still think Dak is the Brett Favre to Romo's Majkowski.

What future does Romo offer anymore for the Cowboys that Dak isn't already delivering?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 12:11:48 PM »

If Romo could stay healthy I'd say he's by no means done as a QB but Dak is the future for sure and could wind up being a more winning QB. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

What future does Romo offer anymore for the Cowboys that Dak isn't already delivering?

And that is the issue, indeed.
You're not suppose to lose your job due to injury (although there have been some jerk coaches that don't apply that rule), but here, the injury has been so long and could be so impactful if it were to reoccur, how can you go back now? Especially if the kid isn't losing you games?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 02:23:09 AM »

I won't lie, I don't believe in the line "you don't lose your job to injury."

Should it say "you don't lose your chance to compete for your job if you've been injured?"

You betcha. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS