HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:37:32 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55737 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2015, 11:24:09 PM »

An okay episode, I guess.

I just don't
like it when Arrow is on the Flash. It doesn't ruin it or anything, it just seems forced. And what the heck is the deal with Firestorm. Does he just "flame On" and fly around?

Didn't much care for the "prisoner movement" thing either. Come on, Barry. Arrow couldn't help you with that but then what, 5 hours later he was ...whatever ... ugh

Hoping this comes back around and I am sure it will. It is just the last two have been kinda yukky for me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2015, 04:18:56 AM »

An okay episode, I guess.

I just don't
like it when Arrow is on the Flash. It doesn't ruin it or anything, it just seems forced. And what the heck is the deal with Firestorm. Does he just "flame On" and fly around?

Didn't much care for the "prisoner movement" thing either. Come on, Barry. Arrow couldn't help you with that but then what, 5 hours later he was ...whatever ... ugh

Ah...the vehicle of contrivance. You wonderful plot device. Was I fine with Barry calling in the calvary to help? Sure thing! It makes the villain that much more powerful that you need 3 to take him down. So, when he rears his ugly villainous head once more, and Barry does it by himself, then it'll be all the more worth it!

I did like the 3 headed hero. The reason that they got there was poor. I'm glad to see that Barry got proven that he can't be like the Arrow, but it was one big damned stretch for Barry to act like that-especially what he did for Snart. However, Snart was spot on for doing what he did in the manner he felt like doing it. So, kudos for that.

In a way...bad characterization lead to great characterization led to even greater personal revelations. But blah to to the very start of it. I wonder how far Joe will really let himself get pushed along by the Flash train of doing things.

Great moments with Eddie and Iris. At least Eddie got to get it off his chest that Barry was always a part of their relationship, even if Iris won't admit it.

Hoping this comes back around and I am sure it will. It is just the last two have been kinda yukky for me.

Agree-ish on this. But man..that last ep looks like it's all coming off the rails!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2015, 03:06:47 AM »

I have mixed feelings on this episode.

I liked having the team up to take down Wells BUT I have to agree that having Arrow being part of it doesn't make sense.  ESPECIALLY with what is happening on his show.

I'm glad Eddie ended that relationship.  I was tired of it already.  But I get it that its the CW.

Overall I really did like the episode - just had those gripes.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:03 AM »

Holy shit, I was crying.  Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2015, 03:15:27 AM »

Season Finale 'Fast Enough'

What an amazing first season. What a great way to show that a speedster can be fascinating to watch on tv, and what a way to show that you can FULLY embrace the costumes and wackiness of comics, and make it just sing!!

What a great inter-personal/relationship episode. Barry, simply looking for 'someone to tell me what to do.' Watching Henry say "don't change yourself! I love my son as the man I see before me!" Very aptly balanced with Joe giving Barry his blessing to (possibly) destroy the life they've lived together as father/son to allow Barry to grow up with his father and mother. What moments with these fathers. FANtastic!

Very good, thematically, to drive home the point to Barry that if he goes back in time for himself, he will (again, possibly) ruin other peoples' lives. Seeing Caitlin and Ronnie marry; that's a life they've found in this time. Who is Barry to possibly undo this?

Also, I feel so damned dumb for not even making the easy connection; why would Cisco have 'dream memories' of an alternate time line? Lazy writing? No, he's VIBE, you f'ing idiot! VIBE! Jimmy T, you just won the Dunce cap. Put it on!!

Cavanaugh as Eobard unleashed was very fun to watch. You can see and tell that yes, he truly respects, and grudingly cares for the team around him. Still, that doesn't ultimately mean everything to him, since this isn't home. His and Cisco's talk was great. As if Eobard wanted to slip into their old roles, and Cisco, almost like a stubborn teenager, wasn't having any of that. Very cool to know that Cavanaugh is still a series regular next season.

And...Eddie Thawn! WOW. What a hopeless, shameless moment for him. Hopeless, being that it seems the right thing to do. Shameless, in that he shouldn't feel shame for what he's done. No one would cast stones at him for what he's done, but hate that it happened.

BUT...being this is all time travel and paradoxes and what not (how great that a paradox singularity opened up when Eobard died!), what can we think to hope to expect? I don't know, but we also know that Earth-1 and Earth-2 are coming up, along with more (confirmed) speedsters.

But..lets go back to Barry, back in time, watching his mom get attacked. And Future Flash waves our Barry off from interfering. What...what a moment that Grant Gustin established with hid dying mom. He let her know that everyone is okay, and that everyone would BE okay. Dying, and the only thought is her family. What with my near-clinical depression the miscarriage tragedies of this year, the excellent moment of the show, yes, I lost it. Just f'ing lost it.

That's why it was sooooo awesome to see Flash flying out of the first singularity to smash the time bubble and lay the shit out of Zoom!!! That was a really cool fight right there too!!

And the time travel visions?! Ahk, so cool!!!!! Next season won't be here soon enough.

Next season just won't come soon enough. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2015, 01:32:31 PM »

What an amazing first season.

While I totally agree with you on this one, I have to ponder the accuracy of this ..

What a great way to show that a speedster can be fascinating to watch on tv, and what a way to show that you can FULLY embrace the costumes and wackiness of comics,

DC has not shown they can embrace the costumes at all. Sure they highlight ever-so briefly a lighter Flash costume, even writing one of their characters to say how cool it looks, but they have yet to grab that look, the original look, and run with it. Even every villain on the Flash was darkened down in some way. I understand you can't go totally balls out "like the comic", but what is wrong with that future Flash's look? They were just scared to go that route from the onset, rightfully so I can honestly say, but now ... let's get that damn suit on Barry!!!!!

They darken the hell of Superman (if there ever was a character that shouldn't have that done ...), and are creating a darker look for Wonder Woman (which I totally agree is the right call for her, if they do her well) all because their biggest success is the "Dark" Knight?

Tell ya what, if DC/CW/whomever comes back next year and Flash has that brighter, "future costume" on, I will say they have finally embraced the costumes. If not, they are still too scared. And now you are this successful, maybe they have another fear keeping you from changing?

Still don't want to undermine what they did with this show. it is fun, exciting with comic gems through-out ... just a really good show. Especially for comic fans, but even for those that are not.
 Smiley

Also ...
I think we are starting to see the effects in the comic shops of good comic shows and movies. For the first time sales are being influenced by these good shows/movies. Even slightly, it is a great thing.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »

Oh, I'm sorry! I should have meant to say "DC tv shows". The movies? I have to exclude that my from thinking when I'm talking about the shows. Wink

And yes, the suits are turned down in their palettes (and they'll get to the proper suit yet), but they put him in a suit right away! With the goofy ear pieces right away! No 'Smallville' hiding for 10 years! That's what I enjoy. That they embrace putting people into costumes and  use the 'wackiness of comics.' All his main rogues make an appearance, they don't alter them too much (but I miss Wizard's weather control rod), and they refer to the man in yellow more as Reverse Flash than anything else until really late in the season.

That's what I meant. TV shows, not movies. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

And yes, the suits are turned down in their palettes (and they'll get to the proper suit yet), but they put him in a suit right away! With the goofy ear pieces right away! No 'Smallville' hiding for 10 years! That's what I enjoy.

Ya know what ... me too. Good call actually. I didn't take Smallville into consideration at all. You are 100% correct, my man. when you compare the two, it is like night and day. I get what you mean now, for sure.

I too am glad to see they have made a push towards not only putting them into costumes more, but like you said ... that I totally went the wrong way with ... embracing the costumes. Making them just as much a part of the show as not.
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »

Heck, that was why Sn (9 & 10 of Smallville were fun. Hawkman was there! In costume! And Stargirl! And Dr. Fate! So cool to see costumes. Even the mock JLA team up they had in Sn....7? 8? was cool. Sure, everyone just had their colors in their hoodies, but at least the line up looked consistent and fun!

Ah....costumes.....

Stephen Amell has said he's put on the 'Arrow' suit for the last time....so...costume update methinks?! I hope!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2015, 05:59:26 PM »

Well for you, I hope as well  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #100 on: May 28, 2015, 01:52:32 AM »

Once again, Jimmy nails it with his post episode summary.

Great finale.  But what a paradox.

Eddie kills himself to stop Reverse Flash. But if Reverse Flash is never born then he didn't come back in time.  If he doesn't come back then Eddie doesnt kill himself. So Reverse Flash is born. And we start all over.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #101 on: May 28, 2015, 03:23:04 AM »

That was the angle I was missing, Jeff! Duh Jim, duh! what an idiot I was to not recognize what was bothering me about that whole thing. At least there was (semi-) confirmation that Sn 2 will start moments after the Sn 1's ending.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #102 on: May 28, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »

Grin Damn you, Jeff

Shit!!

Cheesy

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2015, 02:34:23 AM »

Great finale.  But what a paradox.

Eddie kills himself to stop Reverse Flash. But if Reverse Flash is never born then he didn't come back in time.  If he doesn't come back then Eddie doesnt kill himself. So Reverse Flash is born. And we start all over.

And it gets deeper...
with Reverse Flash having never existed, he couldn't go back in time and kill Barry's mother. in effect he does what Barry went back in time to do in the first place.  Reality should have shifted with Barry's family intact and no Flash unless it happens a different way then depicted

but tons of fun if you don't think too hard about it.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2015, 04:09:12 AM »

I think I've read enough quantum physics and string theory books and listened to Neil DeGrasse Tyson talk enough to believe all this could be happening, since it would be continued new universes of exploration.

So yes, this could happen...and still be the way it's currently viewed...as long as we don't think of it along the line of linear thinking and linear storytelling.

After all, there 'technically' was no chance ever for  Eobard Thawne to come back in time, since 100 years in the future is so much further ahead than the day Eddie shot himself in the chest...which, again, was predicated by Eobard coming back!

Ah time travel stories...at some point all rationale will break down and not make sense after the final explanation...but since the show ended with a new singularity occurring...well, I think the writers have the right idea. Some bad 'fit hit the shan' and the universe is getting ready to clean it up by obliterating the offenders. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS