HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:06:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55728 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2015, 06:08:56 PM »

That's a cool way of thinking.

I however have come to believe that I want nothing to do with anything he has his hands in  Cheesy

(Meaning one day, I will come here and praise something to the highest of glory, state it is the best thing every made, produced or thought of and that 'thing' in which I applaud will be the brainchild of Guggenheim)

Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2015, 03:57:19 AM »

SOOOOOO OGoooddd!!!

Can't wait to see next week! Argh! 7 more days! So much work before then. ARGH!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2015, 11:32:03 AM »

Oh man your not kidding.  At least two jaw dropping moments.  Best part? The fact that my daughter keeps talking about it with me the next day!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:59 PM »

Okay, I'll say it. Didn't like the gold gun. Nope. Not that I wanted a figure skating light blasting hypnotist either, but not a gold gun wielding sister. Roll Eyes

That said, I really like watching this Cold rendition. I dig this guy. I know he'll be more on the spin off show, but there's a part of me that would like to see him and his Rogues operating each week on the Flash show, almost independent of the Flash's storylines. Kinda like when Johns really made them their own entity in his writing of Flash.

We got to watch Michael Rosenbaum do all kinds of Lex things without Clark knowing in Smallville for years; why not let Cold run his own crew alongside Flash heroics? Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2015, 08:29:36 PM »

I also was ... let down by the addition of the "Gold Gun". And, like Jimmy, I wasn't excited at the thought of an ice skater either, but would rather have had her wield a "golden knife" "golden sword" or "blade" (to tie into her ice skating comic past). She use to slice people up but good in the comics with her skate blades, why not keep her on the same path here?

That aside, I found the ebo busting episode to be pretty fun. Loved how Barry was in shock that Iris wanted nothing to do with him yet also glad he found a way out by having a very smart female friend come up with something.
 Grin

And while I wasn't blown away by Cold at first, having grown up on the Silver-Age version more-so than the latter version, he has certainly growing on me more and more, and finding him almost a perfect guy for the role.

I am totally psyched about next weeks, but I am also very, very worried it may come across as too ... aged (cheezy). Still, I am looking forward to it.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2015, 03:25:14 AM »

SWEET JEEBUS. This. Show.

If Arrow has taught anything to superhero tv, it's that you hold NOTHING back. You try to make every episode like it's your last.

I...I'm floored. I feel ABSOLUTELY terrible for the true person that was Harrison Welles. He was just...coldly murdered. Him, Tess; that moment. My heart sank. I felt so terrible for the life that they were going to have (because THEY WERE going to have that life; Eobard new about, but couldn't wait around for it.) I mean, I just...I was rocked. I can't even say why, for myself, or for what inside me, was just hit, or resonated SO MUCH with that moment of the true Welles death. Perhaps it's seeing your love dying/dead beside you. The incredulous situation he found himself in with this man speaking nonsense, and not doing a damned thing to help. It just...hurt to feel that situation.

The Flash and Zoom racing and fighting in this ep was damned cool. Well, the breaking of the time barrier, them exploding forth, the arms chugging, the lightning zipping around, too damned cool for me.

And Hamill! Loved him. Each sinister part, each goofy aspect, each cold moment, each scene chewing moment, I loved it all and dug it to death. Can't wait to see him back around again!

Then...letting Eddie in on it? Oh boy, there is going to be some awful moments in that friendship. Eddie actor just nailed that moment of stunned astonishment too.

And 2 more weeks before anything!!!

Listen, I know I'm nerdgasming right now, but if I enjoy it, and I'm allowing myself to look past some hokey tv or comic situations without being insulted, then I'm drinking the biggest pitcher of Kool-aid I can and go full-on cult lavishing this. I see no reason to hold back feeling good about spending my time on this, be it watching or posting. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2015, 02:33:54 AM »

I AM YOUR FATHER!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2015, 03:31:45 AM »

I AM YOUR FATHER!

Jeez man, Im glad I watched the episode first, prior to coming to this thread. Are you not the one that put the spoiler option up?  Cheesy

Yes, as soon as he said it was a blood reason we all knew what was coming.
 Smiley

SWEET JEEBUS. This. Show.

If Arrow has taught anything to superhero tv, it's that you hold NOTHING back. You try to make every episode like it's your last.

I...I'm floored. I feel ABSOLUTELY terrible for the true person that was Harrison Welles. He was just...coldly murdered. Him, Tess; that moment. My heart sank. I felt so terrible for the life that they were going to have (because THEY WERE going to have that life; Eobard new about, but couldn't wait around for it.) I mean, I just...I was rocked. I can't even say why, for myself, or for what inside me, was just hit, or resonated SO MUCH with that moment of the true Welles death. Perhaps it's seeing your love dying/dead beside you. The incredulous situation he found himself in with this man speaking nonsense, and not doing a damned thing to help. It just...hurt to feel that situation.

The Flash and Zoom racing and fighting in this ep was damned cool. Well, the breaking of the time barrier, them exploding forth, the arms chugging, the lightning zipping around, too damned cool for me.

And Hamill! Loved him. Each sinister part, each goofy aspect, each cold moment, each scene chewing moment, I loved it all and dug it to death. Can't wait to see him back around again!

Then...letting Eddie in on it? Oh boy, there is going to be some awful moments in that friendship. Eddie actor just nailed that moment of stunned astonishment too.

And 2 more weeks before anything!!!

Listen, I know I'm nerdgasming right now, but if I enjoy it, and I'm allowing myself to look past some hokey tv or comic situations without being insulted, then I'm drinking the biggest pitcher of Kool-aid I can and go full-on cult lavishing this. I see no reason to hold back feeling good about spending my time on this, be it watching or posting. Cheesy

Yes, it was a little too comic booky at times, but this show seems to handle it pretty well. Even though I don't want this to be the norm
(Breaking into a prison because all the cops in the city are searching for a bomb was a little too Nolan Batman to me ... Yes, I had a huge issue with that similar premise in that movie)
it was still good enough that, like you were saying, there is no reason to hold back feeling good about this show.

I liked a lot here. I liked
the way his dad looked at the camera when he said -
"The Flash will win" (or whatever it was ... I forget now, but when he was tied to the chair he said that and looked, glancing, right at the camera.

I liked the phasing, though thought it was really stupid to phase through a gas truck when you are trying to lose a bomb that is strapped to your wrist  Roll Eyes

I also felt really bad for the real Harrison Wells, but I am at the same time glad I saw that. I was getting to like Well's a little too much and needed to be reminded that he is a bad guy. Stop thinking he is misunderstood. I saw him kill people including Cisco.  What am I doing starting to like the guy? Cheesy

As far as showing himself to Eddie? Not getting that. It has to be part of an upcoming plot, but there was no reason for him to show himself. Just have her dad tell Eddie to talk to here about it or him and Flash still in costume. I mean, I guess it showed how important it was that she stop, but I question how the reached that being the last option or the best option.

Really did appreciate Mark Hamill using a different laugh than his Joker one. I was really scared they were gonna throw that in as it was the "Trickster"

Really fun episode, even with the "oh come on, really?" moments.

Oh and I couldn't find the remote fast enough to stop the previews (I never watch any previews of the next week on any of the shows I watch as I want to experience them as I watch) or the coming up this year preview as it were, but I hope
the Arrow coming over once more to Flash will again not be a tie-in that I have to watch both Flash and Arrow but only the Flash. And I hope they get that new team of Atom, FireStorm, Black Canary and Captain Cold show together here and not Arrow as well, but I don't think that will happen. Will not be THAT lucky  Grin (But mainly I truly hope that the only thing Guggenhiem is involved in with this new show is putting it together and then just walking the fuck away.
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2015, 04:09:04 AM »

As far as showing himself to Eddie? Not getting that. It has to be part of an upcoming plot, but there was no reason for him to show himself. Just have her dad tell Eddie to talk to here about it or him and Flash still in costume. I mean, I guess it showed how important it was that she stop, but I question how the reached that being the last option or the best option.

I agree with you on that.  Besides....
Why would he tell Eddie and not Iris?  I mean if he would just tell her then she would stop.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2015, 11:12:27 AM »

I agree with you on that.  Besides....
Why would he tell Eddie and not Iris?  I mean if he would just tell her then she would stop.

Exactly

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2015, 11:00:00 AM »

Coming up on Flash ... and possibly Arrow ...

The Atom can fly? I mean, like booster pack / jet propulsion fly?

Undecided

EDIT - and possible major "end of season" spoiler ... Caution ... Last warning ...
 Grin

You can tell this is where we are gonna start to see our beloved little tech start to show herself or become - Killer Frost. And by "our beloved little tech" I mean Ms Frost of course, not the super cute Arrow beloved little tech  Cheesy

Uh-huh. I bet, I bet. Ending scene perhaps?
 Smiley
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:05:12 AM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2015, 01:09:45 PM »

The Atom can fly? I mean, like booster pack / jet propulsion fly?

Indeed; that's been the route they've taken. Oh sure
he has other miniaturized tech that he uses, but so far, no super shrinking for the Atom

This trailer I hadn't seen yet either. Man...what a thought to voice that Cisco & Kaitlin might be helping Welles and know certain things! 5 more eps! So good!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2015, 03:04:14 AM »

Starts this week!

FINAL FIVE!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »

Starts this week!

FINAL FIVE!!!!

Thank goodness!  Hannah asks me everyday if we can watch the Flash!  Driving me crazy!!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2015, 05:52:14 PM »

Can. Not. Wait. Though it is painfully obvious I have to  Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS