HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:17:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 1  (Read 55720 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »

Yay for part one of that.  Cool Grin

Virtually brain numbing for the other.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 04:44:00 AM »

Great for all this too. At one point, I wasn't buying the whole 2 guns against the Flash, but other parts of it I did. It's tv, they'll do the best they can. LOVED the ending; so Geoff Johns! SO, SO Geoff Johns. Still got it when it comes to Cold and the Flash!

Irksome moment? Iris just shoves her way to the front of the police line. Ugh. Just to shoehorn the female lead into the show. I hate that with every series. It's why they only keep the secret from her for so long. Otherwise, it's a tedious part that is obnoxious to do.

Hence, why Lana soooo wore out her welcome (as a written character by the show) on Smallville, and Chloe just rose to the top of the charts for fans. Lois too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 08:12:02 PM »

Wow, you'll give Jeff the benefit of spoilers, but for Perry ... oh no. No spoiler label for him
 Cheesy
My own fault for continuing to read when I could tell where it was going
 Smiley

I did manage to stop reading about half way through, as I think I saw just a little too much. Be back soon to discuss, as I've yet to watch the episode. That is all I wanted to say
 Tongue

Wink Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2015, 05:24:26 AM »

Wow, you'll give Jeff the benefit of spoilers, but for Perry ... oh no. No spoiler label for him
 Cheesy
My own fault for continuing to read when I could tell where it was going
 Smiley

I did manage to stop reading about half way through, as I think I saw just a little too much. Be back soon to discuss, as I've yet to watch the episode. That is all I wanted to say
 Tongue

What? I spoiled nothing, Sir! :p

Once you read it fully, you'll see that I did protect you here. I may expect an "oops, my bad"   Cool

just kidding. Enjoy the show. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »

Grin
I look forward to apologizing.

(Can't believe I didn't watch it last night!  Angry)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:46 AM »

Irksome moment? Iris just shoves her way to the front of the police line. Ugh.

That
and they couldn't think to just make the riot shields full length. Like that Cold gun can't just freeze their damn legs?

Still, other that those couple issues it was another enjoyable episode. Not sure I am looking forward to next week as that looks like an episode I will have issues with  Cheesy, but this one was pretty good. 
Nice to see the guys back in orange prison suits again. That is the guys from Prison Break, right?
I never watched that show, but I have seen enough previews of it and it looks like them. If it is, I just now noticed that it was. I mean, I noticed it early in this episode, but still, didn't notice it prior
 Grin

Oh and I checked on that comic that Barry had in his little red back-pack, what was it, his nerd something?  Grin  THIS is the issue in question and Iris is completely wrong, it is only valued at cover price  Wink (unless she meant it had sentimental value  Grin)

Also, a DC question, did DC ever make an acronym for Firestorm like they did on the show? I don't remember that, but they could have done it with the new 52 or I just missed it from the old DC. Just wondering.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »

Yup; those 2 were brothers in 'Prison Break.'

I worry about the Pied Piper translation into a tv character. Not sure if it'll be cool...(like Captain Boomerang was!!!!) or if it'll be like...that Arrow SPOILER
Cupid chick

And Space Ghost? Nobody is paying premium price for Space Ghost! Saw that too and laughed! Cheesy

I know that I don't recall anything ever broken down to be F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. in the comics. Seems extremely silly for an acronym like that with the show actively calling the man in the yellow suit 'Reverse-Flash.' Why not just let him call himself Firestorm and be done with it?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 02:48:44 PM »

I need to catch up.  Trying not to read this thread until I do.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 02:37:02 AM »

Well this past episodes villain was not portrayed as badly as the previews made it look, so I was happy to see that. Pretty good episode actually, though I did find what I think bothers me the most about this (and even more with Arrow). I really picked up on it when "the team" was just looking so let down by Dr. Wells 'action'. It is that the characters are just flat out ostentatious with their indignation.  Grin I mean that is as close to a perfect description as one can make. They are showing their indignation by way of being pretentious.  Cheesy It is like suddenly this high horse appears and everyone must jump on top of it at least one scene an episode. It's not over acting, its over directing. These characters are sometimes forced to act like their mom and dad just told them there is no Santa Claus.
 Grin

Anyway, still a very enjoyable episode.  Grin

I will say that I did have two issues with the Piper, but they are more funny issues than story issues as they are both costume related and not something I am really mad about.
 Wink

1) This Piper is gay. There is no way any outed gay male is going to dress in total, head-to-toe solid black. Oh hell no! Where is the contrast? Where is the style? At least put on a bright belt or something!
 Cheesy

2) This Piper slams the Cisco for wearing a "Han Shot First" t-shirt but then he later dresses like F'n Emperor Palpatine? Jealy much or something?
 Grin

I also liked the inclusion of a certain "gang" in this one, even though it was through slight of hand, Easter Eggy'ness (until we are told later by Joe) but they are now in play at least and that can't be bad, right?
 Smiley

And is Thawn getting closer to ... well you know ... or what?  Wink

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2015, 05:59:20 AM »

Actually, comic Piper is gay too.

Interesting main point in first paragraph. Never looked at it in that way, but I really feel you hit the nail on the head with that analysis.

And Piper's abilities certainly carried off better in the show than I thought they would. I had hoped a teensie bit that when Hartley was telling Cisco that Cisco would let Hartley walk free we would see some sonic mind control stuff-ala the comic version! But no.

Still, a very cleverly done character rendition who added more than just a fight, and had many full reasons for acting the way he did with motivations all his own. Looking forward to more!

His hoody top over his suit was a little bit more than just 'lame' too. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2015, 01:29:46 PM »

Actually, comic Piper is gay too.

Ahhhh, never knew that. Good for DC.

Of course looking back at some of the issues I have read ... of course the Piper is gay  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 05:35:10 PM »

Well this past weeks episode was probably one of my favorites, and I am NOT a fan of the main villain. It was just a very well done episode all around. The "CW attitude" that I have the most trouble with was pretty much nonexistent and in fact there was a seen where I just knew it was coming and they didn't do it. So Yay for them.

Question however, especially relating to this weeks villain, how do they feed the prisoners they are keeping locked away? Again, especially with this week's bad guy?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:22 PM »

Question however, especially relating to this weeks villain, how do they feed the prisoners they are keeping locked away? Again, especially with this week's bad guy?

COMICS!!!!

Those are questions that don't get asked, so we don't have to worry about the answers!!

After all; does Star Labs still make money? Doing what?

Is Barry the ONLY forensic pathologist on the force? Are Jesse and Eddie the only detectives? Is Lance the only detective in Starling City?

Ollie lost his company (& presumably his home)-but is he still billionaire poor? Or poor/poor?

COMICS!!!!

Those are things to not explain.  Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2015, 05:24:33 PM »

But what about this week's ending?   Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »

But what about this week's ending?   Cool

It was very well done  Smiley Surprised as I thought they wouldn't show ... that character ... because of the cost associated with the effects or ... costume
 Grin

COMICS!!!!

Those are questions that don't get asked, so we don't have to worry about the answers!!

After all; does Star Labs still make money? Doing what?

Is Barry the ONLY forensic pathologist on the force? Are Jesse and Eddie the only detectives? Is Lance the only detective in Starling City?

Ollie lost his company (& presumably his home)-but is he still billionaire poor? Or poor/poor?

COMICS!!!!

Those are things to not explain.  Wink

Cheesy
Well I can understand the COMICS rationale, just like Star Trek's SCIENCE  Grin, but I was just wondering if they ever mentioned anything about it and I just missed it.

If it goes under the same rule of characters never needing to use the bathroom to poop that is all fine, but just curious.
 Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS